Persona 4 Arena

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Persona 4 Arena

Post  DrgnmastrAlex on Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:01 am

Okay, first off, LOVING THIS DAMN GAME. Very Happy

Now for the actual hypnosis-related content (spoilers ahead):

...still here? Okay.

In the game's story mode, many of the characters are "guided" into fighting each other through a kind of illusion that twists what the other is saying and doing, resulting in funny conversations sometimes (though in almost every instance, the dialogue is intended to goad the character you're playing as into a state of inner turmoil from a sense of betrayal). The source of this is in the new character introduced in this game: Labrys. She has equipment that gives her the ability to do this to a limited extent, and can even be used on herself.

Another example shows up after defeating her Shadow; as all the characters make their way out of the TV world, Labrys thanks them, but then seems to become emotionless. Aigis tells everyone that Labyrs has been hacked (this leads to another fight or two, depending on the character you're playing). It turns out, though Shadow Labrys was the one behind the whole "P-1 Grand Prix", there's someone who knew about the serial murders in Inaba, as well as the island research facility owned by the Kirijo Group (hence why Aigis, Mitsuru, and Akihiko are involved, although they find out about this guy the same time the Inaba Investigation Team does), and is trying to get powerful Persona users to become unstable in order to use the resulting Shadows for a bigger plan.

That's the extent of the hypno material: some manipulation, and Labrys being used as a puppet for a fight. You don't find out who the culprit is (I haven't yet, and I've completed about 83% of the story; you have to play multiple characters, and I haven't played Elisabeth yet, so her story may give some more details I've not found yet), but there's a good chance Yu and everyone else will meet this guy eventually. Heck, they may find themselves helping someone else once this mystery villain's plans start...

Yes, I'm obviously guessing that this will be a lead-in to Persona 5. There might be some more insight when the PS Vita version of Persona 4 gets released. We'll see.
DrgnmastrAlex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Persona 4 Arena

Post  Rainday on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:51 pm

SPOILERS~

According to what I read on TVTropes(following a "Shadow Aigis" pic) it turns out there are two, a middleman who is doing all the work for another villain who fans suspect is Nyarlathotep, who played a big role in the second Megami Tensei game http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Nyarlathotep
Rainday

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex on Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:28 pm

Hahaha! Nifty. I've never played anything before Persona 3, and I haven't gotten my hands on the Devil Survivor games either, so this is news to me. But from what I've seen in Arena, it fits.
DrgnmastrAlex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged on Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:05 am

SPOILERS

From what I've seen so far, it's pretty much Investigation Team (minus Yu) fights images of their Shadows made by Shadow Labrys.
Shadow Operatives fight images of their Shadows made by the Other World villain.
This pattern seems to lead to one thing-

... No Shadow Rise in this game... No
DoubleEdged

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex on Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:17 am

Yeah, due to her not being a fighter in the game.

Anyway, played through Elizabeth's storyline, and I've got 99% completion (there's something you need to do in Yu's story, but I'll leave that up to you to discover what it is. Razz ). Got to say, I'm loving Elizabeth's character, if only for the fact that she is EPIC TROLL. XD
DrgnmastrAlex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top