MGCC Battle: Vampiress Battle Encounter! - Concluded.

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: MGCC Battle: Vampiress Battle Encounter! - Concluded.

Post  tilltherewas1 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:10 pm

(Curse these CCs)

Chandra uses Close Eyes
tilltherewas1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rdishon on Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:45 am

Turn 21 - Chandra

>Chandra closes her eyes.

Turn 22 - Acedia

Note: Enthralled by the Vampiress' mesmeric gaze, Acedia now follows her order without question or hesitation, her mind filled with nothing but empty, helpless serenity.

-Acedia is unable to move!
-The insidious lure of the night's darkness tugs at Acedia's soul. Acedia gains 25 Charmed Counters, and Vampiress regains 25 Health.

Vampiress' voice echoes through Acedia's entranced mind, ordering her to strike down Kestrel and claim her soul for the Darkness!

Rdishon

View user profile http://rdishon.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Obscenario on Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:44 pm

Acedia cursed herself for the mistake. Overextended from her attempt to stay on guard and protect another at once, she fumbled, exposing them both to creature's sickening gaze. A memory tugged at her attention, one of failure and happiness in equal measure. "No," she whispered as she felt her hope die, eyes misting with clouds of despair.

A flash of brilliant light broke Acedia from her reverie, and the clouds parted. Piercing the darkness was a pair of eyes, shining like beautiful gemstones in the pure moonlight. Her doubts vanished in the wake of those wondrous eyes, thoughts clearer than they'd been in years. Hefting her blade with a smile on her face, Acedia heard the crisp, pristine words of the one that saved her. For her Mistress, she would gladly offer as much of her own soul as required, and shuddered as the night's cool touch caressed her. Right now, however, her savior wished for the soul of another. It would be delivered.  

>Acedia uses Attack, targeting Kestrel! (150*0.10 = 15)
Obscenario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rdishon on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:27 pm

Turn 22 - Acedia

>Acedia attempts to attack Kestrel

• Acedia hits (Roll required: 51-100(Blind), Rolls 83) and inflicts 15 Charmed counters on Kestrel!

Turn 23 - Xenia

- The insidious lure of the night's darkness tugs at Xenia's soul. Xenia gains 10 Charmed counters and Vampiress regains 10 Health.
- Xenia is unable to move!
- Regen renews Xenia's spirit, removing 13 Charmed counters.

Rdishon

Back to top Go down

Post  Blastar on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:15 pm

The enveloping darkness pours something cold down Xenia's spine and she shudders.  Regaining her focus, she smiles haughtily at the Vampiress, delighted at the chance to do the honors once again.

"Okay, bloodsucker," cries Xenia, "time to meet the dawn!"

Xenia casts Comet.
Xenia casts Divine Light (2/2, Quickcast).
Blastar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rdishon Yesterday at 4:01 am

Turn 23 - Xenia

>Xenia uses Chaos Magic to cast Comet, targeting all enemies.

• Vampiress takes 25 (250*0.1) damage

>Xenia uses White Magic to finish casting Divine Light (2/2, Quickcast), targeting all enemies.

• Vampiress takes 125 (250*0.25*2) Light damage
  • Vampiress is defeated!
  • With no one left to command and corrupt her enthralled mind, Acedia reverts to a placid, docile state, and is quickly brought back to herself by her allies.

A falling star of pure white light shoots down from the heavens in response to Xenia's call, unerring and irresistable, slamming into the ground and exploding in a flood of divine light. One last time, the Vampiress' agonized cry echo in the hunters' ears, and when the light disperses, all that is left of the once beautiful monster is a lonely pile of ashes...

Victory!
Vampiress is defeated!

Victory rewards (if any): completely up to Lady Malboro. In the meantime, let me what you thought of this (admittedly short) battle.

Rdishon

Back to top Go down

Post  065227n Yesterday at 12:21 pm

(The DMing is good as usual, no complaints there

I can't help but feel that Spellbook users have now become silly powerful with the new passives. Though part of it is because of the monster design where it's extremely tilted in the favor of Spellbook casters since it can essentially soft-lock most physical attackers with such a low cooldown on the Darkness Mist attack but it seems that most problems can be solved by throwing more casters at it since any monstergirl that can consistently crowd control that many casters will probably wipe the floor with physical builds)

065227n

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rdishon Yesterday at 1:11 pm

065227n wrote:I can't help but feel that Spellbook users have now become silly powerful with the new passives.

Not gonna argue that. Quickcast is overpowered as hell. Especially if I'm wrong about how Haste is supposed to work.

Rdishon

Back to top Go down

Post  twicemartyred Yesterday at 1:23 pm

The fight was definitely well-run, and might have turned out differently if it wasn't for some lucky bless results... 2/3 of the monster's hit points at one go was pretty absurd.

This particular monster, with a percentage based drain, basically makes the actual willpower score fairly meaningless (favoring casters who tend to skimp on willpower as a stat) until characters start acting for the Vampiress and doing set points of damage.

Both quick cast and dualcast seem pretty powerful as demonstrated, though pretty much every circumstance is geared towards casters in this particular fight, I'd want to see a few more before concluding they were TOO powerful.

twicemartyred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rdishon Yesterday at 1:52 pm

twicemartyred wrote:Both quick cast and dualcast seem pretty powerful as demonstrated, though pretty much every circumstance is geared towards casters in this particular fight, I'd want to see a few more before concluding they were TOO powerful.

Well, consider this: It'd only take 2 active casters (with Quickcast and X-ability) packing Black and Chaos magic to defeat Chess Queen in a single turn:
1 - Cast Tremor (75 damage to all chess minions). Cast Haste on number two.
2- Cast Quake (187.5 damage to all chess minions, all chess minions are now dead. game over)

Rdishon

Back to top Go down

Post  vesago_x Yesterday at 3:15 pm

GG everyone! Hope I didn't mess up too badly. I'll try to do better the next time. Now, to wait for LM to let us know what spoils of war we'll receive.
vesago_x

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blastar Yesterday at 3:55 pm

065227n wrote: extremely tilted in the favor of Spellbook casters
Close-ranged physical fighters are a bad idea in pretty much every match, not just this one.  They'll always be vulnerable to "in range" attacks, they're easily neutralized by Charmed/Enticed, their damage potential is negligible unless they're built right, etc...

twicemartyred wrote:This particular monster, with a percentage based drain, basically makes the actual willpower score fairly meaningless (favoring casters who tend to skimp on willpower as a stat) until characters start acting for the Vampiress and doing set points of damage.
I'd say the percentage based damage is appropriate for a passive ability like that where you get hit every turn.  I don't want to see a situation where a character has to dump a ton of points into one stat or else spend every turn healing themselves just to stay alive.  It was bad enough under the other turn order method where you were screwed if you didn't have 250 speed.

Rdishon wrote:Well, consider this: It'd only take 2 active casters (with Quickcast and X-ability) packing Black and Chaos magic to defeat Chess Queen in a single turn:
2- Cast Quake (187.5 damage to all chess minions, all chess minions are now dead. game over)
Yeah, I noticed this, too. Allowing the two to be used together is probably not a good idea, but one or the other should be allowed to stay.
Blastar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JksAccount Yesterday at 4:12 pm

Rdishon wrote:
twicemartyred wrote:Both quick cast and dualcast seem pretty powerful as demonstrated, though pretty much every circumstance is geared towards casters in this particular fight, I'd want to see a few more before concluding they were TOO powerful.

Well, consider this: It'd only take 2 active casters (with Quickcast and X-ability) packing Black and Chaos magic to defeat Chess Queen in a single turn:

This is a good explanation of why I got gibbed in that fight.

Also, there does seem to be an inherent balance issue with melee and magic fighters, stemming from the fact that they can just deal more damage, are able to better avoid "in range" effects, have much better access to elemental damage, and have more general versatility.

JksAccount

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  twicemartyred Today at 12:35 am

Ok. Proven in my mind.

twicemartyred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3