MGCC Battle: Nyotengu Battle Encounter! - Ongoing!

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Re: MGCC Battle: Nyotengu Battle Encounter! - Ongoing!

Post  065227n on Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:46 am

submissivehero wrote:((Just to confirm, I'm freed from my vows right? Which means I can start targeting Nyotengu with my spells again?
(If I'm not wrong, on this turn you would have to take the last vow and have all 5 vows - you're free of all vows on the turn after that and then have to take 1.

Charging a spell would count as using a spellbook ability, by the way. You're welcome to take the risk given the current state of the battle.)

AzureTyrant wrote:(Kinda curious. I believe the last Vow I have left to take is that I can't attack. Since Jump, if memory serves, has one turn where I'm preparing it and getting into the air, would that still count as an attack, even though I'm not..you know, performing the actual attack?

What about Guard? Can I use that or would I still be punished?)
(Mmm... I think Jump and Guard would be considered "using Physical abilities" so you would in fact be punished for using them.)

065227n

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  submissivehero on Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:06 am

((Alright, thanks. I'll take the risk then-
"At this point, it's do or die, right?"
>Kuro vows not to receive healing or positive status conditions.
>Kuro moves 3 squares down.
>Kuro continues charging Quake (3/4)

submissivehero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  065227n on Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:45 am

Turn 34: Kuro (H2)
>Kuro vows not to receive healing or positive status conditions.
>Kuro is now affected by all Vows. His Vows will be removed on his next turn.

>Mask of Deception triggers! Kuro must move as close as he can to Nyotengu before taking his move.

>Kuro moves Down 3 squares.
>Kuro continues charging Quake (3/4)

No sooner had Kuro continued chanting when he felt his body shudder with pleasure - the only thing stopping him from turning harder is that he was already in that condition.

>Royal Decree triggers!
>Kuro gains 50% Charm Counters! He must take 2 vows at the start of his next turn!

Turn 35: Squall (H1)

(Gonna rule this doesn't break vows because it isn't an active action)

>Counter activates!
>Tengu Astrid is within range at the start of turn! Squall automatically attacks!
>(Blind) Rolled 85! Hit! Squall deals 20 (200 * 10%) damage!
>Tengu Astrid is KO'd!

Last edited by 065227n on Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total

065227n

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AzureTyrant on Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:05 am

(....I feel like Squall's got the Devil's luck here, my gods.)

Damnit...Things seemed to be snowballing right now. One of his allies was enslaved, the other one seemed to be getting close to that same result, another one was wearing some strange outfit, and now he was blinded!

"Ya know, when I took this mission, I really wasn't thinking that this kind of weird fetish-like stuff was going to be happening. So much for a normal day as a mercenary..."

Suddenly, he felt his neck hairs stand on end. He was still near an enemy. Twirling his blade, where he thought she'd be. And from the resistance he felt, he had managed to hit her. Was she down? Was she still moving? He couldn't tell. He knew that the only vow he hadn't taken was the one against attacking. And since that was his last one....He needed to get out of here. And taking down the boss seemed to be the only option he really had.

>Squall vows not to attack or use abilities.
>Squall moves 3 squares down, two left.
>Squall strikes up an internal conversation with himself lamenting that he isn't getting paid enough for this crap.
AzureTyrant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  065227n on Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:19 am

(I accidentally forgot to tag Ramza and Astrid as KO'd in the last map update, hope that didn't confuse anyone. Also the turn order has been updated)

Turn 35: Squall (H1)

>Squall vows not to attack or use abilities.

>Squall moves Down 3 Squares
>Squall moves Left 2 Squares

Turn 37: Lulu (H3)

>Lulu must take 2 vows this turn from Royal Decree
(Actually let's save you some hassle of looking it up - you currently have all 5 vows)
>Lulu is now affected by all Vows. Her Vows will be removed on her next turn.

The Magician card glows brightly!

>Lulu may now use an action to reposition her Firewall once. (This action will not trigger Royal Decree.)

065227n

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex on Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:19 pm

The blast of lust that came from being struck by the lightning was a great shock. So that's what the punishment was...

Thankfully, she already had five pledges made, and so...was there perhaps a loophole jn this, or maybe just a bit of forgiveness for her act? She still couldn't do anything else, unfortunately, so she opted to move strategically and prepare to support the others once the pledges had cleared. Even with some ground made the fight wasn't over...

>Lulu moves two spaces right!

>Lulu takes no further action for the turn!
DrgnmastrAlex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  065227n on Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:25 pm

>Lulu moves Right 2 spaces!

>Lulu takes no further action for the turn!

Turn 38: Driakoi (H7)

(Alright, same as usual - first post taking a legal action by anyone gets to take his turn)

065227n

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  swpkmn on Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:21 pm

Questions:
Is Attack allowed to be used diagonally, or is it limited to horizontal/vertically adjacent squares only?
Does a 1-turn cool-down mean that Nyotengu cannot use Tengu's Finery again on her next turn, or has the "1 turn" passed between turns?
Can characters only move once per turn, or can they move, attack, then move the remainder of their move distance in one turn? I am assuming moving can only occur once, but I thought I should check.

swpkmn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blastar on Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:36 pm

swpkmn wrote:Questions:
Is Attack allowed to be used diagonally, or is it limited to horizontal/vertically adjacent squares only?
Does a 1-turn cool-down mean that Nyotengu cannot use Tengu's Finery again on her next turn, or has the "1 turn" passed between turns?
Can characters only move once per turn, or can they move, attack, then move the remainder of their move distance in one turn? I am assuming moving can only occur once, but I thought I should check.

Yes, you can attack diagonally.

1 turn cool-down means she cannot use it two turns in a row.  There must be at least 1 turn between the uses.

Characters can move as many times as they want in a turn, just as long as they don't move more than their allowed number of spaces in total.
Blastar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  swpkmn on Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:23 pm

Another question: If Driakoi attacks Nyotengu from her current position, will Kuro block it due to being Enticed, or is he far enough away from Driakoi that he can't? It says Enticed characters will block physical attacks to Nyotengu "within range", but the "range" is not defined anywhere. Within what range of which character (attacking character or defending character) does the Enticed character defend attacks?

There are many other moves that simply say "within range" without defining a range. What does "within range" mean?

swpkmn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Malboro on Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:45 pm

Lady Malboro wrote:
Just a reminder and clarification for anyone unsure "In Range" means melee range, which is all squares touching the one occupied by Bunny Girl as shown here:

Just remember, you can move as many times as you like during your turn as long as you still have stamina left to move. For example a character with 160 stamina (4 squares) could move 1 square four different times in-between their actions.
Lady Malboro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  swpkmn on Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:13 pm

So, would Enticed Kuro block Driakoi from attacking Nyotengu because he is "in range" of Nyotengu, or not block because he is not "within range" of Driakoi?

Edit: Whatever. Attacking this turn doesn't seem worth the penalty, especially since it may just be blocked anyway. Driakoi only has the "no magic" vow left to take, so just have her take that vow and move... Up 2 Left 1?

Edit again: If it's okay, can I change the movement to Up 3 Left 1, unless someone thinks the other way is better?

Last edited by swpkmn on Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

swpkmn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  065227n on Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:32 am

swpkmn wrote:So, would Enticed Kuro block Driakoi from attacking Nyotengu because he is "in range" of Nyotengu, or not block because he is not "within range" of Driakoi?
It would have been the former - the way I see it, it works by having Kuro "move" into the space that Nyotengu is in to take the hit before returning to his position, so Kuro's position to Driakoi wouldn't matter.

065227n

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  065227n on Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:43 pm

Turn 38: Driakoi (H7)

>Driakoi vows not to use any spellbook spells or abilities.

>Driakoi moves Up 3 squares
>Driakoi moves Left 1 square

Turn 39: Nyotengu (V1)

>Mask of Deception triggers!

*SMOOCH*

Once again, Kuro's "Nose" hardens with a *sproing*...

>Kuro gains 100% Hardness Counters! Kuro is enticed!

"Thanks for saving me the trouble of flying to you, my future servant."

>Nyotengu uses Mask of Deception on Squall!
>Squall is inflicted with "Tengu Mask" and his hardness counter raises to 100%!

Turn 40: Alexander (V3)

065227n

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5