Monster Girl Collectible Card Profiles: General Discussion!

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Monster Girl Collectible Card Profiles: General Discussion!

Post  065227n on Tue May 23, 2017 9:55 pm

tilltherewas1 wrote:so we should make changes to our thief builds? :p bummer
Nah, it'll be fine unless you really really want to win at all costs, in which case there's probably much better abilities anyway.

if there's enough interest i could send you guys some of the blue magic stuff i was working on with LM
This brings up an issue - what's gonna happen if someone wants to make changes to the base system like abilities and spell lists? Since only LM has access to her own sticky posts.

A new "v2.0" for the Heroes topic?

065227n

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blastar on Tue May 23, 2017 10:55 pm

First release is ready to share (link here).

It includes some basic functionality, which should be fairly intuitive.  The only things that probably aren't intuitive are the adding and removing of characters from the map.  To add a character to the map, click their portrait (above the Change Portrait button), then click a space on the board.  To remove a character from the board, click them and drag them off.

I've included portraits and character files for all player characters and villainesses up to this point, as well as a sample game modeled off of where the Poison Ivy battle left off.

I probably won't add to or update this until after the next game begins (unless somebody finds a major bug), but I'm open to suggestions and bug reports.
Blastar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  065227n on Wed May 24, 2017 2:37 am

I was toying with revamping the Magic skillsets. It may or may not be too early to use them in the next battle, now that the app is out. We'll see.

Black Magic:

Bolt: Lightning. Deals 5% of Magic as magic damage to all targets in a line.
Fire: Fire. Deals 30% of Magic as magic damage to a target and inflicts Oil (double damage from Fire attacks, removed when used up). (2-turn cast).
Comet: Fire. Deals 30% of Magic as magic damage to targets in a + shape radius.
Sets the squares hit on fire, dealing 10% of Magic as magic damage to anyone on that square at the start of their turn, and to anyone who passes over that square whilst moving. Re-casting 'Comet' will move the effect to the new square. (3-turn cast).
Blizzard: Ice. Deals 30% of Magic as magic damage to targets in a 3x3 square radius.
Freezes those squares on the field, causing any target who passes over that square to lose 1 square from their maximum movement distance for that turn. Re-casting 'Blizzard' will move the effect to the new square. (3-turn cast).
Thundaga: Lightning. Deals 60% of Magic as damage to an enemy. (3-turn cast).
Tornado: Wind. Deals 10% of Magic as magic damage to all enemies on the battlefield and knocks them directly back 2 squares. (2-turn cast).
Quake: Earth. Deals 50% of Magic as magic damage to all enemies on the battlefield. (3-turn cast).
Flare: Deals 100% of Magic as damage to an enemy. (4-turn cast).
Zombie: Inflicts Zombie on a target.
Death: Reduces target's HP to 1. (8-turn cast).

Cut down a lot of the attack spells to distribute elsewhere so the list doesn't feel too samey, each element should now stand out more, gains some utility.

White Magic:
Cure: Heals 10% of Magic as Health to a target.
Cura: Heals 30% of Magic as Health to a target. (2-turn cast).
Curaga: Heals 50% of Magic as Health to all allies on the battlefield. (3-turn cast).
Life: Revives a KO'd member, healing 10% of Magic as Health to a target.
Full-Life: Revives a KO'd member, fully healing the targets Health. (2-turn cast).
Purify: Cures one Negative condition and removes 10% charmed counter from a target.
Esuna: Remove all negative conditions on the target.
Heartbreak: Target gains Heartbroken condition, becoming unaffected by the next charmed counter increase they would receive. (1-turn cooldown).
Chill: Target gains Chilled condition, becoming unaffected by the next hardness counter increase they would receive. (1-turn cooldown).
Regen: Target gains Regen condition, healing 5% of Magic as Health to a target each turn.
Blink: Target gains Blink condition, evading next non-spellbook damage they would receive.
Barrier: Target gains Barrier condition, evading next spellbook spell damage they would receive.
Protect: Target gains Protect condition, reducing hardness counters received by 20%, lasts 3 turns.
Shell: Target gains Shell condition, reducing charmed counters received by 10%, lasts 3 turns.
Wall: Target gains Protect and Shell conditions. (2-turn cast).
Mighty Guard: All Allies gains Protect and Shell conditions. (3-turn cast).
Blinding Light: Holy. Deals 5% of Magic as Damage to a target and inflicts Blind Condition.
Aero: Wind. Deals 5% of Magic as magic damage to a target and knocks them directly back 1 square.
Stone: Earth. Deals 15% of Magic as Damage to a target and inflicts Gravity Condition. (2-turn cast).
Holy: Deals 80% of Magic as Damage to a target, removes all positive conditions and deals 10% of Magic as damage for each condition removed. (4-turn cast).

Rolled all the single-target status curing spells into one and gave it more attack spells, mostly stealing the Aero from Black Mage. I still feel there might be a bit too many spells in this list.

Chaos Magic:
Gravity: Inflicts Gravity condition on target, decreasing the targets maximum movement distance by 1.
Bio: Inflicts Poison condition on target, inflicting 5% of their maximum HP as damage per turn.
Blind: Inflicts Blind condition on target, decreasing targets physical attack accuracy to 50%.
Bind: Inflicts Immobilize condition on target for 1 turn, becoming unable to move or use "Turn Away" action ability. (1-turn cast)..
Quid Pro Quo: Transfer all negative conditions from one ally to another.
Haste: Reduces an on-going cast time of another target by 1 turn (Each spell may only be Hasted once).
Slow: Increases all current cooldowns on the target by 1 turn.
Draw Wounds: Heals 30% of Magic as Health to a target, but caster take that much damage.
Meteor: Deals 150% of Magic as damage to all enemies on the battlefield. (5-turn cast).

Sort of tried to return it to a more Time Mage-like set by adding 4 more spells.

Of course there's also Blue Magic, if tilltherewas1 wants to post it.

(Also toying with a Summoner skillset - think FFX / XII.)

A general ruleset change I'm thinking of is having players lose 5 HP every turn from fatigue - this gives HP a bit more purpose and nerfs Super Speedy Glass Cannons characters a little, since they'll exhaust themselves faster than the slow tanks.

Last edited by 065227n on Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:03 am; edited 2 times in total

065227n

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JksAccount on Wed May 24, 2017 7:15 am

I feel like the White Magic kit may have a little too much offensive capability with these changes. I mean, its nice that they can fight stuff better, but combined with the healing spells, it just makes it seem like a better kit to choose than Black Magic overall. On the other hand, the Chaos Magic additions look good.

JksAccount

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tilltherewas1 on Wed May 24, 2017 8:10 am

I agree with JK, the White Mage should be a bit more focused on support and healing. The holy options are good (and should be their niche for damage if say vulnerabilities are added to any of the monsters)
tilltherewas1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  065227n on Wed May 24, 2017 8:33 am

On the White Magic feedback:
The ones I'm thinking of dropping are Twister, Divine Light and Holy (Judgement would be renamed to Holy since I think that's more iconic)

(The drawing point for this White Magic skillset is FFXIV's WM)

Personally, I think that drawing from the source, White Magic Holy elemental attack spells should only be on the high end while the lower end spells are more for utility.

So that would leave it with:

Aero: Wind. Deals 5% of Magic as magic damage to a target and knocks them directly back 1 square.
Stone: Earth. Deals 15% of Magic as Damage to a target and inflicts Gravity Condition. (2-turn cast).
Holy: Deals 80% of Magic as Damage to a target, removes all positive conditions and deals 10% of Magic as damage for each condition removed. (4-turn cast).

Since Black Magic now has Zombie, there's also the hidden attack option of casting Zombie on the target, and then using your healing spells on it instead, which will do more damage but doesn't have status effects.

Which is actually less attack spells than the actual current version - there's 5 attack spells there.

On Black Magic:
Trying to put in more utility, but there's not a lot of fitting things I can use. I think I could put back Drain if HP loss actually meant anything right now but if anyone who has ideas for utility Black Magic can suggest some.

065227n

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  065227n on Wed May 24, 2017 9:38 pm

Poll Closed!

Personal Stylist wins at 6 Votes!

Keep an eye out for the upcoming battle!

(So here's your chance to get in on some Rules Clarification

Makeup Teasing states "using it on the nearest player in range" - do you guys think that means she can use it from afar? Since if it was just adjacent characters, there isn't a "nearest" or "furthest" because they're all at 1 range. It does seem odd to apply makeup from afar though)

065227n

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Malboro on Wed May 24, 2017 9:55 pm

Hey everyone! I would just thought i would update everyone on me (spoiler, i'm not dead). As some of you know back in February my computer suffered a minor explosion and it took me way too long to repair it, when i finally got it fixed i noticed that everyone had really dropped out of interest in my game. I have had a very hectic schedule at work for awhile now and couldn't really find the time to work on MGCC (mainly due to editing posts and tracking everything takes alooooooong time for just me! Sad )

Although it may of seemed like it i have not abandoned my game, what originally started as just profiles for popular villianesses turned into a full blown RP forum game and it it still close to my heart! I still have many ideas for improving my game id like to work on at some point however its something that will take a lot of time and i would love to have support in to forfill.

Currently i am still quite busy but i would love to hear if others still are interested in this game or any of my suggestions.

P.S. Blastar i have been messing with your program and i love it! its stuff like this that i need to simplify the game back-end wise!

Last edited by Lady Malboro on Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lady Malboro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  065227n on Wed May 24, 2017 10:20 pm

Oh, awkward.

I would be interested in a computer program version, and a website might open up more formatting options compared to forum posts, but I don't really think it should have a new forum because it will split the userbase. I would certainly be interested in any developments made to the base game rules.

065227n

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Malboro on Wed May 24, 2017 10:36 pm

Nothing to be embarrassed about, i'm perfectly happy for other to play GM infact i would encourage it!

Ideas i have had for base game changes other then small tweaks would be removing charmed and hardness as a % and changing it to flat points (capping at the stat point cap of 250). I would then change health into resistance or similar meaning players could build more anti-charm builds rather then it being generic for all players. It would take awhile to implement as i would have to change every instance of charmed/ hardness counters into flat amounts and then rework conditions such as Poison, Protect and Shell to forfil a new role.

Last edited by Lady Malboro on Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lady Malboro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  065227n on Wed May 24, 2017 10:58 pm

Sounds pretty good. I'm looking forward to it.

065227n

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex on Wed May 24, 2017 11:41 pm

Welcome back LM. ^^

Yeah, I'm definitely still interested in this, so I'm board. Sadly, I have very little programming experience, and what I do have is rusty as hell and wasn't very good even when it wasn't. >.>
DrgnmastrAlex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightington on Thu May 25, 2017 12:41 am

I too remain interested in this and am glad to see you back!

Nightington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tilltherewas1 on Thu May 25, 2017 2:22 am

Hell yea i'm still interested Very Happy Welcome back LM

Looking forward to see what else comes of this game. Hmm i need to re-dig up those Blue Magic ideas i had for you Razz
tilltherewas1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JksAccount on Thu May 25, 2017 4:29 am

Welcome back, LM!

JksAccount

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blastar on Thu May 25, 2017 9:35 am

Welcome back, Lady Malboro!

I'm glad you like the program. Do you still have the overlays you used for the hero/villain card borders and the rank stars? If you would share them with me, I could add in a feature to make the cards and generate the profile BBCode.
Blastar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blastar on Mon May 29, 2017 3:03 pm

New version out: Link

Version 1.0.1.0 [5/29/2017]

• Notes tab added.
  • Character Management tab added:
    - Will eventually replace the Character Creation tab entirely.
    - Currently contains image manipulation functionality, useful for cropping and resizing images into profile portraits and game piece pictures.
    - Reversed the board colors to match the old layout (i.e., the top left square is now black, etc.)
  • Conversion has been enhanced:
    - Instead of being a choice selected from the state screen, it now has its own button.
    - User chooses a character or monster from a menu to convert the selected character into.
    - The system automatically updates the character's picture and changes their name.  Alignment is left alone, but may be switched manually.
    - Conversion status is now listed as "Converted to '[monster name]'" instead of simply "Converted."
  • "Copy Board to Clipboard" button added.
  • Added "Brand New Look" as a condition.
  • Right click menu added to the board:
    - Remove a character from the battlefield
    - View range markers, up to 5 spaces.  Click anywhere on the board to remove the highlighting.
  • Right click menu added to the State list:
    - May be used to remove states
  • Right click menu added to the Condition list:
    - May be used to remove conditions
    - May be used to increment or decrement conditions that have multiple "layers," such as Brand New Look
  • The system now tracks when the game state has changed, and alerts the user if they try to close without saving.
  • The name of the current save file now appears in the title bar.
  • "About" window added (only shows the version number and release date).
Blastar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex on Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:04 am

Oooooh, this should be good. :3

(Going to try and find a bunny girl pic of Lulu now. Although I'm curious as to what the Stylist has planned for her next...)
DrgnmastrAlex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tilltherewas1 on Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:29 am

So with the Personal Stylist match pretty much completed, shall we begin voting for the next match Very Happy
tilltherewas1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Malboro on Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:12 pm

Hello everyone! I have been busy updating aspects of the game and adding all new stuff! Some of it has already been implemented and others will be added as i go.

List of all Changes:

• Elements have been added to the game. Currently there are 8 elements (Fire, Water, Earth, Ice, Lightning, Poison, Light and Dark).
    - All abilities and spellbook spells that inflict magic damage have been attuned to an element, for example Fira now deals Fire magic damage.
    - All Villainesses have had elemental resistances added to their profiles! Villainesses will receive more or less damage from a particular element depending on their resistance to it (i.e. a 2x Fire Villainess will take double damage from Fire spells).
  • Villanesses now have resistances to certain conditions shown on their profile rather then ability descriptions. This will clearly show if Villainesses are Immune to certain conditions.
  • Chaos Magic Spellbook has been updated with more spells, certain spells (for example Aero) have been moved into Chaos Magic.

List of Upcoming Changes:

• Health will be reworked into a new stat called 'Willpower'. Willpower will act as a way to increase how many counters a player can receive (for example a player with 250 Willpower will be able to take 250 charmed counters before they are considered 'max' counters).
    - All instances of % charmed counters increases will be changed to flat + charmed counters instead.
    - Villainesses that inflict damage directly (such as Sadist) will be reworked to keep the theme of inflicting pain.
    - Poison will be changed to reduce a players maximum Willpower by 5% per turn. It will remain as a damaging condition when inflicted on Villainesses.
    - Zombie will be changed to prevent players from having counters removed from themselves. It will remain as a non-healing status when inflicted on Villainesses.
    - Spells, items and abilities that heal a target will be reworked to remove counters instead.
    - Spells, items and abilities that revive a target will remain as revival items.
  • Ultimate abilities are coming soon! Known as Heroic Drive it will allow a player, when under certain situations, to preform a much more powerful ability.

The upcoming changes will take along time for me to fully implement as i have to go through every ability on every Villainess so be patent please! I love you

Last edited by Lady Malboro on Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lady Malboro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blastar on Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:15 pm

New version out: Link

Version 1.1.0.0 [6/11/2017]

• Terrain tab added that allows the user to place various terrain objects (fire, ice, gift boxes, miasma, etc.) on the board.  Users are able (and encouraged) to create their own objects.
  • Added the ability to add and delete states and conditions.
  • Board Color button added, which allows the user to customize the color scheme of the game board.
  • The portrait creation screen now allows users to add card borders and rank stars.
  • Added the ability to create html pages for villainesses.
  • Fixed the issue with character save files only saving to the folder where they were originally created.
  • Changed the "Portraits" folder to "Icons," to make room for the full sized profile portraits.

I'm going to set this aside for a while and let Lady Malboro finish her changes, but I wanted to share what I've got.
Blastar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  065227n on Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:18 am

I forgot to mention it, but is it possible to shrink the app's window size? On my screen resolution which is the biggest (1372 x 780 or something), the bottom parts are still too high to access.

065227n

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  065227n on Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:00 am

Yeah sorry, that took a while to actually put the finishing touches on.

Do you guys want to do the whole "Pick 3 monsters and then I'll compile the new list" again or would you like to just reuse the old poll list minus Personal Stylist?

Now I think the Speed changes I made turned out well though Personal Stylist might not have been the right monstergirl to test it on, since in this system natural double turns occurs very rarely which means only really slow characters will get tagged with Fashion Tips. It did what I intended it to though - just as an example, Sein was taking like 1 turn every 3 turns of the Stylist in the old formula and now it's just slightly more than 1 turn for every 2 turn of the Stylist.

For the next battle, I might try to bring in my new magic system (which will probably become obsolete when the system revamp shows up) and maybe introduce "minions" - weaker enemies usually picked from the lower stars with numbers more closer to the players than a boss to make the battles more complex. All subject to change, but that's the current plans!

065227n

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tilltherewas1 on Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:46 am

I was thinking we just do the pick 3 monsters
Which if that's the case- Morrigan, Esmeraude, Mimete

Also which new magic system?
tilltherewas1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  065227n on Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:49 am

065227n

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top