Monster Girl Collectible Card Profiles: General Discussion!

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Re: Monster Girl Collectible Card Profiles: General Discussion!

Post  Rdishon on Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:04 pm

In broad strokes, you were stalked by the teacher while you were searching the school and hypnotized one by one (most likely by her Detention! ability), then brought to the classroom to finish your reeducation. I can't actually narrate this because I don't know enough about your characters' pasts or personalities to make it convincing (If Kestrel were still in the battle, I'd have written that part around her, and let you infer that you've all gone through a similar chain of events, but unfortunately that's not really an option anymore).

Rdishon

View user profile http://rdishon.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  vesago_x on Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:37 am

I just made a new Hero. This is my first time doing this, so let me know if I messed it up or if I did something wrong. I will probably make a Heroine sometime later if Rei-Ginsei is good to go.
vesago_x

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JksAccount on Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:40 am

Nothing wrong with him mechanically, and the build looks fun. I will say he seems a little slow, but something's got to be a dump stat, right?

JksAccount

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  vesago_x on Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:50 am

JksAccount wrote:I will say he seems a little slow, but something's got to be a dump stat, right?

Yep, decided to sacrifice speed and magic for movement and strength.
vesago_x

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightington on Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:41 pm

I should do some rebuild on Sein at some point here... Though with her luck, it wouldn't help her too much  Laughing

Nightington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JksAccount on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:07 pm

Oh, that reminds me, I need to fix Astrid's stats so they aren't over the limit. Still not sure how that even happened in the first place...

JksAccount

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Malboro on Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:47 am

Just a note, if i get some free time soon, and if the Nyotengu battle ends soon (Bubblegum Girl & Poison Ivy are over Razz just need to wrap them up) then i will be adding the reworked Health system in. In a nutshell the "hard" cap of 100% for counters will be removed, and Health will become Willpower with that value being the amount of counters a player can take. All instances of x% counters increases will become flat amounts and re-adjusted for balance.

It will be a simple enough change, i just have to go through every monster girl to make the changes manually Sad
Lady Malboro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JksAccount on Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:44 am

So, does that mean Dangerous Game will be removed, or changed to have a different effect?

JksAccount

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Unrelated on Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:18 am

Looking at the rules for this, I'm deeply interested.. will these changes you mention affect heroine profiles? Am I better off waiting until after you're done before trying to make a character?
Unrelated

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blastar on Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:54 am

I'd say go ahead and make your character. You can always revise later if necessary.
Blastar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Malboro on Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:36 pm

All health and counter related stuff will change (so conditions like Poison also) when i make the change ill update all profiles as i do so people wont be left with old or useless information, so feel free to make a character now!
Lady Malboro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  vesago_x on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:06 pm

Created my first Heroine. Let me know if she is good. Also, does X-Ability allow her to cast two spells simultaneously during a single turn? That was my intention when I chose it.
vesago_x

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zigzagjacker on Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:40 pm

I believe yes, though I think the future may be that you can cast only one spell per book.

zigzagjacker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Malboro on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:22 pm

It was suppose to be any 2 different abilities & spells, so say Ice and Fire in the same turn, however with the rework and new spells i think it will stick to the description of 2 different abilities only.

I have had an idea of adding in a new passive ability in called 'Dualcast' which requires the user to also have X-Ability but allows casting from same spell-book twice and ups the damage by +x% amount.
Lady Malboro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  vesago_x on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:41 am

Lady Malboro wrote:It was suppose to be any 2 different abilities & spells, so say Ice and Fire in the same turn, however with the rework and new spells i think it will stick to the description of 2 different abilities only.

So, does X-Ability allow me to cast a spell from the Black Magic spellbook and a spell from the White Magic spellbook in the same turn since they are both command abilities, or am I limited to only 1 command ability and 1 unique ability?

Lady Malboro wrote:I have had an idea of adding in a new passive ability in called 'Dualcast' which requires the user to also have X-Ability but allows casting from same spell-book twice and ups the damage by +x% amount.

Is it okay if I drop Second Life and replace it with Dualcast when you add the ability, or is that not allowed?
vesago_x

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Malboro on Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:54 pm

Heads up everyone, i am now beginning to introduce changes to my game! Razz Willpower will be making an appearance replacing Health and i might add some further stuff later on... Stay tuned! I love you

Current changes:

• Willpower has replaced Health for all Players! Players will no longer receive "damage" instead they will have a Willpower total that is the maximum counters they can receive before they are considered maxed for counters. For example a Player with 150 Willpower can receive up-to 150 Charmed and/or Hardness counters. All Monsters Girls will be revised to inflict mostly flat amounts of counters (i.e. 20, 50, 80 etc) and effects will be changed to accomidate the new higher cap!

• Monster Girls will remain the same, having a "Health" value and receiving damage from Players.

• Poison and Regen conditions have been changed to lower maximum Willpower of a Player and remove counters from players, respectively. Previous effects remain the same when used on Monster Girls (i.e. Poison will still deal 5% of their HP as Poison damage).

• Zombie will be changed to prevent players from having counters removed from themselves. It will remain as a non-healing status when inflicted on Villainesses.

• Cure, Cura and Curaga now remove counters from affected players.

• Life and Full-life now remove % amounts of counters from affected players, but with a requirement of them having to have full counters.

• The following active and passive abilities have been changed to follow the new system; Dangerous Game, Recover, Darkside, Flirt, Transfer, Cleric, Compassion, Walk it Off, Lance.

Rule changes/ clarifications:

• To help improve playability of the game, Players may play with any Hero or Heroine instead of having to play just their own! Players who own their Hero or Heroine will have first say over if they would like to play theirs. If you win a battle whilst playing another players Hero or Heroine, their character will receive the win bonuses!

• From now on, any Hero or Heroine who is converted into a Monster Girl will lose access to all their own abilities and such. This is to fix a few things, the imbalance of a super powered Monster Girl, the ironic situation that an enslaved and converted Hero or Heroine could be stronger then the main one and to simplify the game. A converted Hero or Heroines "Willpower" will be the converted monster girls "Health"

• Most to all Monster Girls will have requirements attached to their "special" ability, this is to stop the first turn spamability of them and allows for some more... interesting skills!

Current Progress: All Hero/ Heroine abilities and their profiles have been changed. PLEASE check them to ensure they are correct and still for you, as abilities have been changed and removed from the game and your profiles might be half complete!
Working on: Monster Girl profile changes

Last edited by Lady Malboro on Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lady Malboro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rdishon on Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:54 am

Questions:
1) Is there a way to recover willpower lost due to poison, or is it lost forever?

2) Converted characters get Health instead of willpower. Okay, simple enough. what happens to Enslaved ones? And for extra prickliness, what happens to Brainwashed or Enticed ones (who, under the previous system had to be knocked out)?

3) The Revive ability still has its old function (okay, not a question, but still)

Rdishon

View user profile http://rdishon.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JksAccount on Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:50 am

Yeah, kinda echoing Rdishon's point about combat between unconverted/enslaved heroes and heroines. In some situations, it would be preferable to KO an ally, like if they were going to be converted on the following turn or something like that. Will that just not be doable anymore, or will there be functionality added for that sort of thing. Also, there are some monster girls whose abilities force players to attack each other, like Naughty Teacher. How will that be affected by the changes?

JksAccount

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Malboro on Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:10 pm

Q1A) As of yet, there is no way to recover Willpower lost from the Poison condition. I did tinker with the idea of Regen raising it back up slowly to the cap but then this would become a somewhat useless condition unless you was Poisoned.

Q2A) I had not actually considered the Brainwashed, Enticed and Enslaved conditions. Enslaved will simply be a Willpower to Health change-over (As Enslaved isn't recoverable by KO'ing and reviving anyway). For Brainwashed and Enticed characters Players will now be able to cure this by reducing their counter total to 0 (which counter depends on which was required for the enemy ability to work) and then using a new action ability i will add (unique action abilities are usable by all characters for free). I will update the main rules pages to reflect these.

Q3A) Close to enslavement or converted players will be a risk as it always is, but will just mean players will have to focus on stopping the conversion rather then killing their allies before they have turned. This of this as the new semi-negative of the new system compared to the now semi-positive of being able to 'save' Brainwashed/ Enticed players easier. All Monster Girls will be changed to accommodate the new system, alot will be minor changes (such as abilities that are designed to 100% charmed counter someone will become +275 charmed counter increase (the current "max" you can get for Willpower)) others will need a re-do, such as Sadist and Naughty Teacher.

Off-Note: I have alooooooooooooot of information to change, and may miss old stuff that needs changed (such as Revive) so if anyone spots anything that i have not changed yet, please feel free to ask or mention it here, i would like to get the game fully changed before a new battle starts!

Update:

I have just updated the character states! Be sure to check the new versions as i have changed some descriptions and effects. As it currently stands i have removed Items for now until i can make some new more helpful ones, and removed Esuna curing the curable character states (Charmed felt abit lack luster with it being cured soooooooo easily!)

Lady Malboro wrote:Character States:

Alot of, if not all monster girls entries will have some kind of ability that alters character states (enslaved, brainwashed, trance/ entranced, hypnotized, enticed ect ect). Whilst these may seem randomly entered they do have a motive behind them and here's a quick overview of what each state actually means for the character. These effects are seen as the 'default' guidelines to what these states do to their targets, however this may sometimes vary according to the way the monster girls ability is worded:

Converted - Affected characters are physically changed into the monster girl with an identical move-set that converted them, swapping teams and fighting for them during their turns. Converted characters are treated as if they are the monster girl, losing their own identities (such as abilities) and can only use their monster girls abilities. Converted characters Willpower becomes their Health. They are then seen as an enemy to all remaining Heroes and Heroines in play. Incurable.

Enslaved - Affected characters become slaves to the monster girl who enslaved them, swapping teams and fighting for them during their turns. Enslaved characters Willpower becomes their Health. They are then seen as an enemy to all remaining Heroes and Heroines in play. Incurable.

Brainwashed - Affected characters become unable to willingly move or act during their turn, only obeying monster girl commands. Monster girls who brainwashed them can command them to act during their turn. Brainwashed can only be removed by reducing the affected characters counters to 0 (which counters depends on which move Brainwashed them to begin with) and then using a Action to assist them.

Hypnotized - Affected characters become unable to willingly move or act during their turn, only obeying monster girl commands. Monster girls who hypnotized them can command them to act during their turn. Allies can heal the cure this state by physically striking them a set amount of times.

Trance/ Entranced - Affected characters become unable to willingly move or act during their turn, remaining completely actionless. Allies can heal the cure this state by physically striking them once.

Enticed - Affected characters become unable to attack the monster girl that charmed them for any physical attacks and block any physical attacks directed at them as long as they are in range of the monster girl. Enticed can only be removed by reducing the affected characters counters to 0 (which counters depends on which move Entice them to begin with) and then using a Action to assist them.

Charmed - Affected characters become unable to attack the monster girl that charmed them for any physical attacks and block any physical attacks directed at them as long as they are in range of the monster girl. Allies can heal the cure this state by moving a set distance away from the monster girl who charmed them.
Lady Malboro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightington on Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:02 pm

As you update the monsters, can you 'archive' the old stats someplace, for posterity's sake?

Nightington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Malboro on Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:27 pm

Nightington wrote:As you update the monsters, can you 'archive' the old stats someplace, for posterity's sake?

Most skills and abilities wont change! It will mainly be % counters changed to flat + counters.
Lady Malboro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JksAccount on Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:42 am

Just thought it might be worth mentioning that Mary-Annette's Seelie Grace ability has a paragraph of ability description from one of Slime Girl's abilities. She looks pretty interesting, though.

JksAccount

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Malboro on Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:25 pm

JksAccount wrote:Just thought it might be worth mentioning that Mary-Annette's Seelie Grace ability has a paragraph of ability description from one of Slime Girl's abilities. She looks pretty interesting, though.

Has been noted and sorted. I copy-paste post templates from other monster girls so i don't have to write them from scratch, sometimes stuff slips and slimes through Razz
Lady Malboro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Malboro on Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:24 pm

Hey everyone!

Good news! I have finished updating all the monster girls (apart from acouple that need reworking) to work with the new Willpower stat! From now on most monster girls will inflict flat "+xxx" amounts of counters instead of % amounts. Most instances of non-enslaved players being KO's have been removed and anytime non-enslaved players have to damage allies (brainwashing, effect etc) they will instead inflict counters equal to some % of the damage they would deal!

That being said... i changed alot and i feel i may have missed some stuff, so im forcefully hiring all of you! locks slave collars around all your necks your job is to check all the monster girls and make sure i havent missed anything or for stuff that just dont make sense! Please look out for;

• Instances of +% counters increases instead of flat amounts.
  • Skill or abilities that KO people, or effects based on players being KO'd
  • Skills or abilities that damage players.

Soon as everything is all good to go ill start a new battle!

Last edited by Lady Malboro on Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lady Malboro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blastar on Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:48 pm

There's a charmed percentage reference in the opening post you may want to change:
Lady Malboro wrote:Skills and abilities will use the already established 'charmed counter' system which, one a target is at 100%, causes them to become vulnerable to unique attacks and effects, they do not lose there free will at this point though

The Doom status KO's characters.

The attacks Big Bubble Shower, Tributes for the Tribe, Mummified Protection, Paint the Sky Pink, Jealous Kitty, Spiritual Possession, Bound to Me, Bunny Out The Hat, Trapped Only in Your Mind, and Item Boxes all reference KOing player characters.
Blastar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next