Monster Girl Collectible Card Profiles: General Discussion!

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Re: Monster Girl Collectible Card Profiles: General Discussion!

Post  Blastar on Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:11 pm

Here's an updated Alexander: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=53525526895380472538

I didn't bother with Nyotengu because the ability descriptions don't really factor into anything the tool does at this point.
Blastar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex on Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:18 am

Is it possible to get a full profile pic for the standard tengu?
DrgnmastrAlex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  065227n on Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:41 pm

Well, guess I won't be running a Pollen battle anytime soon.

Didn't expect the battle to develop like that, incidentally.

065227n

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rdishon on Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:02 am

065227n wrote:Well, guess I won't be running a Pollen battle anytime soon.

Didn't expect the battle to develop like that, incidentally.

Well, I, for one, hope you're at least entertained ^^ I've been working on that little twist for a while now  Twisted Evil

Rdishon

View user profile http://rdishon.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Malboro on Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:50 pm

Lady Malboro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:13 am

Just bringing something up that came up recently in one of the Battle RP threads.

065227n wrote:I really kind of figured people would already know those spells do Friendly Fire, derived from aspects like me specifically mentioning that Magician's Firewall does not deal FF damage, but I guess not.

I think part of the problem with that is that there's no dedicated space for the reworked spells that can be easily found. I had found them a little while ago, but now I don't know where to look due to having forgotten what thread it was in, so I have to essentially go off of what I've seen used thus far. Either we could have a dedicated space for all the reworked Black/White/Chaos spells, or just a link set in an easy-to-find spot that redirects us.

I apologize for my part in this if you're disappointed. But try to see it from my perspective: it wasn't even three turns for my character, and Lulu was only able to get one action off while charging another one (which I don't mind the Qipao makeover, as it's good lockdown and complicates things), before Lulu got team-killed just because Nyotengu had moved to use an ability on her. As an aside, I feel it's a safe assumption that NO ONE likes being team-killed. On top of that, I didn't really understand the effect of spots of fire due to lack of experience with using such effects, so the Magician card was essentially wasted. LM seemed to be as unsure of intended effects as I was, so that would complicate matters more. Hopefully everyone will be able to take something away from this, and we can all improve our play and clarify things to avoid misunderstandings like that in the future.

I'm not against clever uses of effects or taking advantage of those effects for a turn-around, as long as it doesn't come along due to a misunderstanding of said effects; if someone is having their character use a move that could potentially and incidentally KO one of their teammates who could still contribute to the fight {i.e. unconverted but just needs a turn or two to do something, and isn't at threat of being converted at that moment), then said player should inform the others of their intent, either IC or OOC, so the others can have time to at least TRY to get clear of those effects. I feel that's only fair. We're all playing for different reasons: some just want to win, some want to either win or have a sexy conversion happen for their character.

I just wanted to convey how I felt about that whole situation, and I apologize to those who had to rework their own posts in that thread. Granted, I wasn't demanding that there be a change, I just wanted to know if a change could be made; if not, I would've been frustrated but sucked it up (and apologies again if my tone indicated that I was demanding a change, I was just really frustrated with what had happened). I just felt that the team-kill wasn't a fair one, and considering the misunderstandings around effects and context of the team-kill, it obviously wasn't.
DrgnmastrAlex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  065227n on Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:30 pm

DrgnmastrAlex wrote:I think part of the problem with that is that there's no dedicated space for the reworked spells that can be easily found.  I had found them a little while ago, but now I don't know where to look due to having forgotten what thread it was in, so I have to essentially go off of what I've seen used thus far.  Either we could have a dedicated space for all the reworked Black/White/Chaos spells, or just a link set in an easy-to-find spot that redirects us.
I intentionally put it in the 2nd post of the battle itself. Was it really that hidden?

http://charmed.forumotion.com/t691-mgcc-battle-nyotengu-battle-encounter-ongoing#13547

065227n

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:54 pm

Crap. It's on me, then. Flipped past that multiple times, but I completely forgot about it. This is player error on my part. >.<
DrgnmastrAlex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightington on Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:32 am

As an aside, will we be getting a new battle going soon?

Nightington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JksAccount on Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:02 am

Well, that's all up to somebody deciding to throw one together. I'll admit I was half considering running one myself, given how much fun I've had playing a villain the last couple of times. On the other hand, I'd need to ask somebody how they do their turn orders, because I'm pretty sure there's a method to it beyond just placing people in order of speed.

JksAccount

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rdishon on Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:29 am

JksAccount wrote:...I'd need to ask somebody how they do their turn orders, because I'm pretty sure there's a method to it beyond just placing people in order of speed.

...Actually, that's exactly what I ended up doing. Seemed to work out well enough.

Anyhow, I'm going to be waiting a bit longer to hear what people thought of the Mimic battle (because I need outside validation sometimes. sue me.) and to decide on the next monster to be fought (because I want one that would be both fun to fight and beatable this time) before I make any announcements.

Rdishon

Back to top Go down

Post  JksAccount on Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:41 am

Also, I'm having difficulty running Blastar's game tool for some reason. Maybe it doesn't work with Windows 10, or it won't launch for some other reason, but it seems to run for a second and then close itself. This is the latest version, the one linked at the bottom of page 6.

JksAccount

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rdishon on Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:51 am

Odd... seems to work well enough for me (also on windows 10)

Rdishon

Back to top Go down

Post  Blastar on Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:36 pm

JksAccount wrote:Also, I'm having difficulty running Blastar's game tool for some reason. Maybe it doesn't work with Windows 10, or it won't launch for some other reason, but it seems to run for a second and then close itself. This is the latest version, the one linked at the bottom of page 6.

It's definitely not Windows 10 because that's the environment I developed it under. I'm out of town for a while so there's not much I can do at the moment.

Are there error logs? I don't remember if I left those active in the live version.
Blastar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JksAccount on Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:11 am

Doesn't look like it.

JksAccount

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blastar on Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:27 pm

JksAccount wrote:Doesn't look like it.

Okay, try this one and see what the error log says.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=06765953471667468547
Blastar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JksAccount on Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:07 am

It doesn't seem to be making any error logs. The process only appears for about a second on task manager before disappearing, so I'm not even sure if its getting to the point where it would make error logs. No windows open for it or anything like that, it just doesn't seem to run.

JksAccount

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blastar on Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:25 pm

JksAccount wrote:It doesn't seem to be making any error logs. The process only appears for about a second on task manager before disappearing, so I'm not even sure if its getting to the point where it would make error logs. No windows open for it or anything like that, it just doesn't seem to run.

Alright, try this one.  I added a catchall try/catch to main().  If that doesn't pick anything up, then I don't know where to go from there.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=08159261229989276214
Blastar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JksAccount on Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:00 pm

Nope, still getting nothing. I'll assume its some kind of issue with my computer. Maybe it'll fix itself at some point, maybe not, but I'm not really sure what to do from here.

JksAccount

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rdishon on Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:34 am

Alright, had my rest, I guess... Thinking of running either the Vampiress or the Naughty Teacher next. Any preferences?

Rdishon

Back to top Go down

Post  JksAccount on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:38 pm

A decision between a more winnable fight or more interesting mechanics. I'm going to say Naughty Teacher, I've never really like vampires all that much.

JksAccount

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blastar on Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:52 pm

I'll second that. I'm not sure whether or not I'll be available to participate, but it's still the one I'd rather watch.
Blastar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  vesago_x on Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:12 pm

Rdishon wrote:Alright, had my rest, I guess... Thinking of running either the Vampiress or the Naughty Teacher next. Any preferences?

Vampiress
vesago_x

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rdishon on Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:40 am

Very well, Naughty Teacher it is. The Battle thread has been set and is ready to accept new participants.

Rdishon

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightington on Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:47 pm

Hmm. Any chance we could get some narration as to how the 'students' got into their current predicament from their perspective? Just so I don't have to make stuff up when we get to Sein's turn.

Nightington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next