Monster Girl Collectible Card Profiles: General Discussion!

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Monster Girl Collectible Card Profiles: General Discussion!

Post  DrgnmastrAlex on Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:34 am

Okay, finally have time to create a character, but there's too much info that I have to go over, and it's sort of confusing. I need an "Idiot's Guide to Creating a Character" for this. If anyone can help me out, PM me what I can do for setting up the character's stats and abilities. @_@

I was thinking of using Lulu from FFX as my first character, so she'd be a hard line black mage. Razz
DrgnmastrAlex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  shirokami on Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:59 pm

Health and Strength are probably going to be your dump stats for a black mage since you should be far enough away that the rare physical attack shouldn't be an issue and its not like you'll be hitting them with anything other than magic.
Magic of course is going to be fairly important as its where the bulk of your damage is coming from
Speed should probably be your second highest, possibly even highest stat. Don't fall into the same mistake I did when making Mara and think a lower number will be enough, monstergirls are fast and so are the other heroes. So being below by even a few points is going to hurt.
Stamina should also not be ignored as it affects your ability to kite the target, something a black mage is going to need to do. But it should be in a multiple of 40 since any other number is wasting points.

Since you're going for Lulu, one of your command abilities should obviously be black magic. As for the other command, something like focus or flirt could be suitable.

For your passives silence resistance is a good choice. Complete immunity to silence effects will save you some headache and keep the damage flowing. If you're concerned about low health, auto protect effectively doubles it. Foresight boosts your spell range to six and makes you that much better at kiting, the same with enhanced movement.
shirokami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rdishon on Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:26 pm

shirokami wrote:Health and Strength are probably going to be your dump stats for a black mage since you should be far enough away that the rare physical attack shouldn't be an issue and its not like you'll be hitting them with anything other than magic.
Magic of course is going to be fairly important as its where the bulk of your damage is coming from
Speed should probably be your second highest, possibly even highest stat. Don't fall into the same mistake I did when making Mara and think a lower number will be enough, monstergirls are fast and so are the other heroes. So being below by even a few points is going to hurt.
Stamina should also not be ignored as it affects your ability to kite the target, something a black mage is going to need to do. But it should be in a multiple of 40 since any other number is wasting points.

Since you're going for Lulu, one of your command abilities should obviously be black magic. As for the other command, something like focus or flirt could be suitable.

For your passives silence resistance is a good choice. Complete immunity to silence effects will save you some headache and keep the damage flowing. If you're concerned about low health, auto protect effectively doubles it. Foresight boosts your spell range to six and makes you that much better at kiting, the same with enhanced movement.

Flirt is a tank's skill. stay away from it unless you have the defensive abilities to make proper use of it. If you want a useful non-magic skill, Cheer or Curse would be useful, as would Guard (to help you put out the bigger spells with less interruptions...)

For kiting, Foresight is superior to enhanced movement (spell can be cast diagonally, while movement is only up down left and right).

Auto-protect would, arguably, give you all the drawbacks of a higher health with none of the benefits (the way it interacts with Monsters' abilities that cause damage has never been properly tested. ) X-ability, on the other hand, is almost a necessity.

Rdishon

View user profile http://rdishon.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Monster Girl Collectible Card Profiles: General Discussion!

Post  Lady Malboro on Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:03 pm

Hey everyone!

In an attempt to split and clean up the many MGCC threads, i have decided to make a new sticky topic for general discussion about MGCC! Here you can chat about anything and everything MGCC related. Any changes to the game will also be posted here instead.

Happy chatting! Razz
Lady Malboro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JksAccount on Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:08 pm

I was wondering if we were going to get a thread like this, what with all the battle threads being locked and the other two stickied threads being cleaned up. I have to say this is probably a good idea, moving all the discussion to one place.

JksAccount

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blastar on Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:33 pm

So what do we get?  Extra passive slot?  I want an extra passive slot!
Blastar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Malboro on Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:33 pm

Upcoming Changes

Hey everyone! With the Bunny Girl battle over i will be implementing some QoL changes and tweaks to help simplify the game overall and to balance out some current skills and abilities.

Speed increasing, decreasing and stat point altering removal:

As it currently stands when there is a change in speed, it messes with the turn order massively causing players to either miss a turn or gain a second turn instantly, on-top of having to wait for the turn order to be updated before anyone else can post. This being said the current system will still be used, however all abilities, spells, conditions etc that affect speed will be removed. This includes all monster girls too with the exception of a very limited few (Snow and Frost Queen).

Spellbook spell range is being lowered from 5 to 3:

With spells being able to cast diagonally but movement restricted to up, down, left and right spells naturally have a huge advantage for people to deal damage and stay at a very safe range. With this change it should restore the high cost-reward associated with spells whilst allowing people to still keep away from their targets. Spells will still remain castable diagonally and players casting 2 turn or longer spells can still move out of range of the target. Foresight passive ability will be changed to increase range from 3 to 4 squares.

Blue Magic is being removed:

Sad about this one, but unfortunately i cant seem to balance Blue Magic in uniqueness, playability and well... balance. With over 60 monster girls currently out i'm finding it very difficult to give them each a unique but useful spell that isn't too strong. Blue Magic will be going back to the drawing board for now, sorry!  Sad

Player limit per battle is being lowered from 7 to 5:

With the battle starting out potentially 7 vs. 1 monster girls dont stand much chance to get "setup" before they are pummeled to death. With the potential for 100+ damage per player a monster girl could find themselves close to death before even acting. Although this means less people will be able to participate it should allow me to actually have 2 battles going at once, as they will be easier to manage. Monster girl stats will be lowered to compensate of course!

Minor changes to some spells and abilities:

Alot of spells and abilities will be reviewed and have their effects changed before the next battle. Although none of the top of my head are note-worthy i would recommend everyone check their character sheets and the spellbooks before entering into another battle. Time Magic will be reviewed alot with the loss of Haste and Slow. I will be automatically updating peoples profiles if abilities are changed/ removed.
Lady Malboro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JksAccount on Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:54 pm

With regards to the battle size thing, another thing you could do is have battles wit larger amounts of players and multiple monster girls. And I'm still rather fond of the idea of three way battles, where there are two monster girl sides as well as a heroes side. On the other hand, such battles would be more difficult to keep track of and there would probably be more waiting involved...

JksAccount

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  065227n on Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:42 pm

Since there's gonna be some changes, here's my opinion on some things to look into

Speed

Outside of the headache it causes with speed changing (which will soon be gone), it's kind of an overcentralizing stat - if you want to win at all, it basically has to be maxed out - monstergirls are already faster than the PCs, so you really want to squeeze out as many actions as its worth.

In fact if you are given the choice between maxing your Attack stat and maxing your Speed, I reckon Speed is almost likely a better choice because it also gives you the advantage of being a good item user to cure status and also allows you to charge your spells faster leaving you less vulnerable.

X-Ability is nuts

To go along with the speed thing, X-Ability essentially gives you 2 turns for your 1 even if you have to use them on different abilities.

X-Ability greatly increase the worth of so many abilities, such as Spellbook abilities by letting players charge a spell while having the flexibility to cast another ability as situation dictates, or Guard where a player can use an offensive ability and defend themselves on the same turn... so arguably it's better than an ability that doubles your speed.

Player side HP and HP damage related topic

It's been relevant around 2 times so far - Jem's collars and converted characters (I don't think any male character has been enslaved before the battle is finished yet).

Anything that reduces HP damage is arguably a disadvantage because characters tend to fall through conversion, and then a high HP hinders your allies from putting you down, which leaves White Magic in a peculiar where its iconic buff spells Protect/Shell never gets cast. It's also why Darkside is the current premiere physical side option thus far because the drawback almost never comes into play.

Percentage HP spells (Demi)

At a 0 MAG investment, Demi outdamages a basic Black Magic spell cast by a 250 MAG user as long as the target's HP > 250, which isn't a rare occurrence at all. And the 2-turn version doesn't have the issue of diminishing returns!

Some ideas
1) The main boss receives half damage from Demi-type spells - Adds and Converted characters take full damage.
2) The damage is capped by your MAG stat (e.g if you cast Demi on a 700 HP target but your MAG is only 50, you deal 50 damage instead of 70)

(Now, in theory, the one time where Demi spells are weaker than Black Magic is on converted characters due to player characters having much less HP than monstergirls, but arguably as soon as 1 member is down, the chances of winning the battle drops like a rock anyway.)

Of course, Time Magic is losing some of its most powerful tools right now, so the overall balance of the spellbook is still in flux.

On Blue Magic

Perhaps instead of a spell for each individual monster, there can just be "categories" which each monster belongs to so you can reuse a manageable group of pre-existing Blue Magic

On dropping players from 7 to 5

If X-Ability is looked into, the number might not need to be dropped. I also think it would make any enslavement/conversion effects even more lethal and I think it's more fun when that period of time where the battle has progressed into Boss + 1/2 converted characters vs the rest of the party lasts for a longer period of time.

065227n

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Succubus on Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:27 pm

Speed - The game could probably be better without speed.  If we're removing haste/slow then maybe speed should be considered for removal too.  Everyone gets 1 turn per round and the monster girl gets however many that make it "fair."  Turns per round and HP could be the two balancing knobs for each encounter.

X-Ability - This is really strong.  Every character should have X-Ability as it is.  I think making it such that you can't use two offensive actions at a time would be a good nerf without outright removing it.

HP - It's true.  Monster Girls really don't do HP damage.  Perhaps charm counters and HP should be mixed (ala Dangerous Game).

Demi - Demi is broken.  I like the idea of capping Demi's damage to MAG so that you can't have 0 MAG and still do lots of damage with Demi.
Succubus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  shirokami on Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:45 am

Rdishon wrote:
Flirt is a tank's skill. stay away from it unless you have the defensive abilities to make proper use of it. If you want a useful non-magic skill, Cheer or Curse would be useful, as would Guard (to help you put out the bigger spells with less interruptions...)

Yeah listen to him on this since I somehow mixed flirt up with purify.

As for the changes:
Changing speed in the middle of battle is best suited for a entirely automated system, so I'm not surprised to see time magic go out the window. Haste and such could be salvaged by having them affect your next cast or increasing cooldowns.
Like  065227n said, blue magic could potentially also be salvaged by putting monstergirls into categories and having them share a stealable ability. As it is several monster girls are already described as being related or similar to each other. Maybe have one ability for each of the more common methods mentioned in the profiles. They also don't ALL have to have an ability to steal though this leaves blue mages a bit out in the cold in some fights.
shirokami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex on Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:21 pm

Alright, Lulu's up. LM has the code for the border for character portraits, right?

Other than that, waiting on review for her.
DrgnmastrAlex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Malboro on Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:47 pm

Lulu has been fully updated and added to the list, everything seems fine with her and she is now in the Poison Ivy battle!
Lady Malboro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:04 am

Alright, nice. Very Happy
DrgnmastrAlex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Malboro on Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:14 pm

I would just like to remind everyone that battle threads, along with everything else i create is designed purely for the fun of RP and the spirit of the forums. Not everyone playing will be a master strategist, playing to win everytime, and some even play to lose! But calling people out on it and making them feel unhappy is not what i want to happen. If you are in a game and you feel someone on your team is intentionally sabotaging the battle then feel free to question their choices, but blindly calling out people is a no no! Please remember what these forums are all about and respect the posts, views and choices of all other players! Razz
Lady Malboro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  065227n on Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:56 pm

Monster idea/request:Cowgirls
Not like "cowboy and indians", the monster girl kind

http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2445434

Milk drinking (enemy for Charm Counter or self for heal), hanging bells on heroines to make them docile, charge attacks that pushes players around and knocks them into each other for damage, maybe some boobplay stuff.

065227n

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex on Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:04 am

065227n wrote:Monster idea/request:Cowgirls
Not like "cowboy and indians", the monster girl kind

http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2445434

Milk drinking (enemy for Charm Counter or self for heal), hanging bells on heroines to make them docile, charge attacks that pushes players around and knocks them into each other for damage, maybe some boobplay stuff.

Love it, love every minute of it, would totally run Lulu against one. Very Happy
DrgnmastrAlex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  065227n on Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:46 am

Ooh, it's done. Good job! Maybe it'll win the next vote

065227n

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:56 pm

I'll get my next post up after I get back from classes today. New semester just started yesterday, so I'm a little busy, but I should have time later.
DrgnmastrAlex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex on Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:06 pm

Quick question: can characters that were converted during a fight still use items that were accessible before conversion? I'm guessing not, in order to make things fair for the other heroes, but I'd thought I'd ask just to have it clarified.
DrgnmastrAlex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  065227n on Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:39 pm

The only thing I know for sure is that you can't revive converted Monstergirls using Phoenix Down, but I'm not sure whether all Items are unusable.

edit: Gone back and checked and the last time someone used an item while converted was in the maid battle (converted Maid uses Hi Potion on the boss)

And the Phoenix Down thing is more of the fact that converted characters apparently disappear from the battlefield upon being defeated rather than any sort of specific ban on the PD being used.

I don't remember reading any changes to converted characters using items, so it's probably one of those "no one thought of doing it before now"

Last edited by 065227n on Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total

065227n

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JksAccount on Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:40 am

I think corrupted characters have used items before, but not since we gained control of them. So either nobody thought of the idea yet, or you can't do it anymore.

JksAccount

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex on Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:05 am

Guess I'll wait for LM to weigh in on this.  Speaking of, I think it's her turn in the thread.  Razz

Edit: Going to wait one more day to see if LM gives a ruling about my query. If not, then I'll move forward with the assumption that converted heroines can use items.
DrgnmastrAlex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex on Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:14 am

Sooooo...is the current RP fight dead? Or are we still waiting on people to post? I can understand if people are busy with real life, I just wanted to know.
DrgnmastrAlex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JksAccount on Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:27 am

DrgnmastrAlex wrote:Sooooo...is the current RP fight dead?  Or are we still waiting on people to post?  I can understand if people are busy with real life, I just wanted to know.

I seem to remember LM mentioning in the Kik that their PC was broken and updates would be delayed. There are still people active in there, though, so we aren't all just dead.

Last edited by JksAccount on Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

JksAccount

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top