Re: F/GO Watch!

Post  DrgnmastrAlex on Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:46 pm

Get ready for salt, Zero. You should remember the taste well. Razz
DrgnmastrAlex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex on Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:10 am

Even more news!  Got some confirmations and elaborations from Nasu's Twitter, as well as from the F/GO Official Twitter page as well.  All this relates to stuff coming out this winter, as well as possible events and additions to come in 2017.

Valentine Re-Run.  Probably my least favorite event that was run this year, simply because of how grind-heavy it was, and all for CEs.  The gachas were a rotation of the most popular female Servants, plus the first time Nero Bride made her appearance as a Limited 5 star. I'm expecting Nero Bride or someone else associated with love/lust/Valentine's to get a rate-up, and we'll likely see Tamamo, Drake, Arturia, Altera, and Jack show up.

All Fuyuki (prologue) chapter servants getting an animation update/renewal.  So essentially Saber Alter, Herakles, Caster Cu...every servant that appeared in the Fuyuki prologue chapter of F/GO is getting an animation update, which is great news, as they're really dated.

Solomon Chapter release date is 12/22 (or 22/12, for those living in Europe).  Please remember that this date is when it comes out in JAPAN, so calculate accordingly for your time zone.  For me, I'll be 17 hours behind due to Daylight Savings Time and living on the West Coast.

Solomon Event Raid; Bonds from level 5 onward give an attack boost (higher level bond = higher attack boost).  So I was right about one thing regarding what the bonuses might be for having high bond level servants.

30 quartz gift before final battle.  This is going to be blown on another 10 roll towards the Quetzalcoatl and Gorgon rate up gacha, I'll tell you that much about my plans for it.

1/2 AP Campaign for all main/story quests through Babylonia, up until final battle, starting from 17:00 JST today.  This is to help other players catch up as quickly as they can, as well as to grind Bond levels more efficiently.  I'll be taking advantage of this, since I just got Ishtar to level 81 and Jailter to her max level cap of 80.  Going to be also grinding the Doors for QP, as I'm reeeeeeeeally low....

Merlin rate-up gacha starts on 12/22 at 19:00, lasts until 12/31.  Merlin will be the last Limited for 2016.  Even though I'm tempted to roll, I want an Avenger outside of Angra Mainyu over what is arguably the best support servant in the game.  Besides, Tamamo/Jeanne/Nero Bride is a strong and resilient Arts team, so I'm good to pass on this until Merlin comes around again.  And I have little doubt he'll be brought back due to how popular he is even before being made available.   Plus, I think my luck for Limiteds this year got burned out after rolling Nero Bride and getting a friend to use his luck to have me roll Ishtar.  So I won't push it.

So some really big news in the last couple of weeks for 2016.  They're really going all out, though I'm bummed that there's no sign of King Hassan on this list.  I want my WoW Death Knight Metal God.  >.<;
DrgnmastrAlex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ on Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:21 am

I would love to get Avenger Medusa, but I already dropped 90 quartz trying for her. Gonna try and go for Merlin now, if I can get him then Alter/Waver/Merlin will have me set for life, and replace Alter with a support for Archer opponents. I'm way more happy about that Saber Alter animation update, finally my girl will have a Noble Phantasm animation that wont look like garbage. Hoping for Mighty Wind to play too, but I'm not expecting it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIyNAF5rgYk

I'm not even halfway through Babylon yet though, I need to hurry up. I can probably finish it in the next couple days though.
ZeroStormZZ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex on Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:21 am

Got Vanilla Nero instead of Arturia Alter during Saber Wars. Still wish I could get her or Tituria Alter. Need to remember that they're only available in the story gacha at this point. >.o

It's a shame you missed out on the Christmas 2016 event. Jeanne D'Arc Alter Santa Lily would have been a really good fit for your team comp to deal with archers. I'm personally looking forward to seeing what Herakles's updated animations will look like. Still not giving up on Avenger Medusa, though.

You've got a good four days before the last chapter starts, so don't worry too much about it. You should be able to get it done by the time the Solomon chapter comes around.
DrgnmastrAlex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ on Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:32 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty sad I missed out on the Christmas event. Jeanne Alter is one of my favorite new servants so actually managing to get a version of her and in a class I need someone for would be killer. I still really need a decent Lancer and Assassin, everything else I've got covered pretty well.

Nero isn't bad, that last skill of her's is really solid, but yeah Artoria Alter is amazing. I was extremely lucky to get her while she was on rate-up.
ZeroStormZZ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex on Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:44 pm

Came across another bit of info that is relevant to the Solomon chapter. Mashu (Shielder) currently has her bond level capped at 5 as of the end of Babylonia, but her bond will increase as you play through the main story of the chapter. She's likely the only servant in the game that will hit max Bond level without grinding, if I'm interpreting this right (and it's not just bond levels "unlocking" so you can grind Bond with her).

There are also Demon Pillars that make up a raid component to this chapter, buffing each other (and most likely Solomon too). "Suppressing" them will remove these buffs for a time, but unlike previous raids, there is no limit on the number of rounds you'll be given before being forced out, nor are there a limit on continues. This means that, while you can use Command Seals and Quartz to do a party revive as many times as you like, you also MUST deplete all of a Pillar's HP if you want any kind of reward.
DrgnmastrAlex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ on Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:08 am

Aww yeah finished Babylon, used some of my quartz from it and got nothing though. Merlin is broken beyond belief, I never thought Waver would get outclassed but holy shit. Even with the playable version having a nerfed NP his skills are so insane that it doesn't matter. King Hassan and his basic attack instant kills are also super rad.
ZeroStormZZ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex on Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:40 pm

ZeroStormZZ wrote:Aww yeah finished Babylon, used some of my quartz from it and got nothing though. Merlin is broken beyond belief, I never thought Waver would get outclassed but holy shit. Even with the playable version having a nerfed NP his skills are so insane that it doesn't matter. King Hassan and his basic attack instant kills are also super rad.

You see why I really want King Hassan now.  Run him in a team with Assassin Shiki, Cursed Arm, or Hassan of Serenity, and you'll be getting insta-kills left and right.  He's also quite tanky for an Assassin.  XD

(Here's hoping he's added to the story gacha pool.  We need another 5 star Assassin in there badly.  All the ones outside of Jack are all limiteds, and I'm kind of sick of seeing the trend.)

Really, the only nerf that Merlin's NP got was that it doesn't heal when first used.  It still has the rest, and his skills are still in place, which makes him near the top of the support list, and at the top for being able to work into almost any party.  I'd still argue that a Tamamo/Waver or Tamamo/Jeanne pairing is just as good and work even better for party NP generation in an Arts team, but putting him in place of Waver in the first and Tamamo in the second example would be pretty effective as well.  Really, pairing him with Tamamo, Waver, or Jeanne is effective.
DrgnmastrAlex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex on Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:14 pm

Solomon fight is live!  (And I still wasn't able to roll Gorgon.  Ah well.  Might as well save up future quartz...)

Played about two hours into it so far, and here's what I've encountered and know from the F/GO reddit:

Starting at Bond level 5, servants get a bonus to attack power, starting at +20%.  At Bond level 10, it's a +100% attack bonus, but you can probably get by with a Bond level 6, which gives you a +40% bonus.

Bond attack bonuses are as follows:

Level 5 - +20%
6 - +40%
7 - +60%
8 - +75%
9 - +90%
10 - +100%

You don't immediately start fighting Solomon.  Rather, you start fighting with an unaligned-class Demon Pillar (use Riders, Casters, and Assassins to do extra damage to it, and avoid using Sabers/Archers/Lancers, as they're weak to its attacks).  After you beat it, there's a four node quest, with the first three nodes dealing with a Saber-class Demon Pillar with increasing HP each fight (450k, 500k, and 550k).  It can buff itself with a pretty hefty defensive buff, and I'm unsure if you can dispel it, so bring your best Archers and a strong Archer support.  After you beat it, six more Demon Pillars become available to fight, and they all provide random buffs on the other Pillars, as well as debuffs to your party.  These are raid bosses, and you're working in concert with other players to deplete their HP to "suppress" them, most likely to open the way to Solomon.  All Demon Pillars except the Berserker one have 700k hp to deplete for you to clear that fight, with the Berserker Demon Pillar having 850k due to it being weak to everything except for Shielder class (since Berserkers deal 1.5x damage to all classes except Shielder, your best bet to clear it is to get a level 90-100 Jeanne Alter support and NP the sumbitch as often as possible, preferably buffed and with the default Mystic Code at max level.).

There are benefits to fighting the Demon Pillars right away, as you can get a great deal of Bond experience and QP (as much as 2.5 million QP), and there's also the chance of rare or uncommon ascension/skill materials dropping.  So don't sit it out and wait for Solomon to be unlocked after you beat the first two Demon Pillar quests.

Also, Merlin rate-up is on, so if you want him, you'd better roll for him.  Enjoy your salt.  Razz
DrgnmastrAlex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ on Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:24 pm

I think my favorite part of this raid event is that within the short timeframe between it beginning and Barbatos getting slaughtered everyone came to love the giant page dropping demon pillar. Rest in peace Barbatos, you and your drops shall be missed.
ZeroStormZZ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex on Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:30 am

ZeroStormZZ wrote:I think my favorite part of this raid event is that within the short timeframe between it beginning and Barbatos getting slaughtered everyone came to love the giant page dropping demon pillar. Rest in peace Barbatos, you and your drops shall be missed.

Yeah, saw that.  XD

Flauros, the Lancer Pillar, seems to be the next target.  It's already at 50% of its total raid HP.  I missed the chance to grind Barbatos for pages, but I did get a few once the last battle that awarded a ticket came around.

Still haven't gotten Gorgon, and I'm getting irritated with that fact.  Got Saber Lancelot with the first 10 roll I did trying to get her, and the second 10 roll I did from the 30 quartz for clearing Babylonia by today gave me a bunch of three star Servants and CEs, with a four star CE to add insult.  I really think the gacha isn't going to give me a much needed Avenger this time around, so I'm probably going to save up any future quartz and tickets for when/if they release King Hassan.  Worst case scenario is that I hoard and roll in the story pool gacha.

Really hoping I get enough money for Christmas so I can take advantage of the New Years' paid quartz gacha.

Update: Lancer Pillar subdued as of 4:20 pm JST.  So about 45 minutes ago as of this edit.

Update 2: Caster and Archer Pillars are subdued.  A new Saber Pillar, alongside Chapter 9 and 10, have been unlocked.

Update 3: All pillars except for that last Saber pillar are subdued as of 15-20 minutes ago. So around December 23rd at 10 pm PST/December 24th at 3 pm JST. Last pillar has about "5 million kills" worth of HP total, and over 1.5 million kills have already been done. Chances are that players will be knocking at Solomon's doors by tomorrow morning.
DrgnmastrAlex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ on Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:46 pm

Please stop giving me Martha gacha, even NP4 Martha doesn't actually do any damage. There are so many things I would rather have when I see I'm getting a gold card and I'm a huge Martha fan. At least the pillar is going down soon.
ZeroStormZZ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ on Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:06 pm

And with this chapter cleared, the current story arc of Grand Order has ended. After all the pillars fell, you get a fight with Solomon like the battle in London but with more dodge spamming. Then shit gets real when you fight the villain's true form, Beast I Goetia. You get a fake fight with him first, but the real one is completely insane. Turn one he nukes your frontrow unless you have some specific strats to counter it. And even following that you cant damage him with Noble Phantasms for the first few turns. And he has 1.5 million health so even with the buff from bonds it is rough. I got bodied hard by him a lot. Luckily after you beat him the final battle is basically a victory lap. I even got to bring Martha and have her be relevant to the fight.

The music for Goetia is fantastic as well, being a remix of the intro theme. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orhPZvdcRTc

Still no Merlin from any of the quartz or tickets I got unfortunately, but as nonsense as Goetia's fight was it was also pretty cool. Hopefully someday we will get the return of Solomon as a playable character. Since Grand Saber was in the leaked list and has yet to appear we know that this isn't the end of story stuff (And also that this game makes too much money to stop).
ZeroStormZZ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex on Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:19 am

The second fight with Goetia was a pain in the ass, to be sure.  Didn't have enough command seals, so I had to wait until I got quartz before I could do a party revive.  Thankfully, I only had to do it once.

That being said, I won't get into any spoilers for what occurs during and after the fights with Solomon, at least not for another week.  But I will say this: a certain kouhai sticks around if you had her Bond level at 5 before entering the final fights.

And once again, DW doesn't fail to impress me with how stingy it is: New Year's paid quartz gacha has NO limited servants being offered in it, though there are seven different categories to choose from.  They combined Jeanne and Gorgon into the Assassin pool, due to the fact that there's a lack of 4 and 5 star Assassins.  So if you don't have Jack or Jeanne, you're getting something really damn good (though Jeanne is suffering from the power creep that has been happening for the past several months).  As for me, I have NO 5 star Lancers, so it's obvious what I'm going for.  Here's hoping I get Tituria, or Karna as a consolation prize, because I've heard that Enkidu is disappointing (though I don't know if that's due to the expectation of him being OP due to his legend, or if it's due to how he actually functions.).  I could also run for Caster, as an NP2 Tamamo wouldn't be bad, and I'd have the chance of getting El Melloi or Sanzou.

Guaranteed 5 Star Servants offered are as follows:

Saber: Arturia, Altera, Mordred
Archer: Orion, Arjuna, Tesla
Lancer: Karna, Arturia, Enkidu
Rider: Francis Drake, Medb, Ozymandias, Quetzalcoatl
Caster: El Melloi (Waver), Tamamo, Sanzou
Extra: Jack, Jeanne
Berserker: Vlad Tepes, Nightingale, Cu Chulainn Alter

Remember: you can only roll ONCE for any of the paid quartz gachas.  So choose wisely and according to your needs.  Also, you'll only get servants that are of the class that you're rolling in.  So if you roll in the Saber one and get 3 and 4 stars, you're only going to get Saber classes like Bedivere, Caesar, Siegfried, Artoria Alter, and Nero.  Same rule applies to every other class, except for the Assassin pool, which is running Gorgon as a potential 4 star that you can get.

Outside of that, there's log in rewards, bonuses for new players who jump in during the New Year's stuff, and a new CE.  Details are as follows:

3 day login bonus: Jan 1st - 17 Quartz and 1 Summon Ticket; Jan 2nd - 17 Gold Apples and 1 Summon Ticket; Jan 3rd - 17 4 star All Experience cards and 1 Summon Ticket.

Free CE: Login between Jan 1st-12th to get "Cheers to 2017", whose effect is 100 HP regen per turn.

New items in DaVinci's shop:

Rare Prism Shop: Option to make Mona Lisa CE from last year available in Mana Prism shop (5 copies total, each copy is 1k Mana Prisms); 2016 Limited CE "Happy X3 Order"; Scathach Trial Quest (gives a ticket); Arjuna and Karna Trial Quest (gives a ticket).  The Trial Quests and CEs will not be selectable (i.e., they're grayed out) if you've already done them/obtained them.

Mana Prism Shop: 2017 Goody Bag (has 20.17 million QP and 20,170 FP), available from Jan 1st-11th 14:59 JST; double stock of normal Mana Prism Shop items from Jan 1st to Jan 31st 23:59pm JST (essentially 10 Summon Tickets, 10 sets of x10 4 star All Experience cards, and 40 Attack Up Fou cards and HP Up Fou cards each.

1/2 AP for Exp Dailies and Double chance for Great Success and Super Success for leveling up servants and CEs from Jan 1st-11th 14:59pm JST.

Start Dash! Campaign for beginners: 40 free quartz, 10 free summon tickets, free FP, free 3 star All exp cards, gold apples, etc.  Obtained by clearing tutorial and Fuyuki prologue chapter and login bonuses after starting new account.

Chances are that we might see some limited servants put up for pick-up gachas, like last year with Karna and Arjuna (who were limited until they came out in the America chapter), as well as Gil, Kintoki, and Scathach.  If they do run with that (and there's a good chance of it, but we'll have to wait for news tomorrow if they announce it), I can see them bringing out Jalter, Ishtar, and Merlin as possible options, alongside the possibility of running Gil, Kintoki, or Scath again.  Last repeat limited that was brought around was Jalter, and that was in late September/early October, so I think we're due for another pick-up with fan favorite limiteds.

All that said, it's another good period for people to start the game if you're interested.  Just download the APK from QooApp or another site that frees up region-locked Japanese mobile games, and have a smartphone that can run Android OS 5.1 and Unity 5 or higher.  Don't know what is currently the requirements for iPhones, though, so I'll link the Reddit page for F/GO if you're interested and want to know.  Just ask on there, and someone is bound to help you out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/

One more thing: there's going to be a stream for details on the Fate/Grand Order OVA tonight/early tomorrow (10pm JST, so calculate out when that is in your time zone.  It'll be 5am PST for me.) on NicoNico.  Here's a link in case you're interested.

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/5l6enb/fategrand_order_ova_stream_details/

That's all the info I have for you for now.  I'm on wait and see mode for the next week, so if something new comes up, me or Zero will post it.  Otherwise, I'll have spoilers for the Solomon fights next Friday.
DrgnmastrAlex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ on Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:49 am

I'm free to play so I won't be rolling, but Rider is the best option in my opinion. Drake, Quetz and Ramses are all extremely good so 3/4 chance of getting a great servant. Extra is a coin flip, Jack is amazing but as someone who has had Jeanne since the beginning she has been outclassed so hard it's absurd. As for Lancers, Enkidu is indeed pretty weak. Like Karna and Lancer Artoria are only ok, and Enkidu is a level or two below them because of bad stats and weak skills. If I was rolling I might go for this one though just because I adore Artoria.

As for rate up, I wouldn't be surprised if Dantes makes a comeback. Jeanne Alter and Ishtar were semi-recent and Merlin is finishing today so they don't seem too likely. Dantes is also easily one of the most popular new male servants. Maybe the return of Da Vinci as well. Or they could go crazy and release King Hassan.
ZeroStormZZ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex on Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:17 am

I already have Medb, so that's a 1/4 chance that I get an NP2 of a Waifu who's really specialized in slamming male servants/enemies and average in everything else.  Granted, I do want the other three Riders (especially Drake and Ozy).  But I need a 5 star Lancer (and a 5 star Assassin, but I'm not risking an NP2 Jeanne, even if I like her), so having a 2/3rds chance of getting something I like and a 100% chance of getting someone I don't have is better odds to me.  My pickings of gold lancers outside of Jeanne D'Arc Alter Santa Lily are limited to vanilla Liz and...ugh...Fionn... I have been REALLY unlucky when it comes to getting Lancers...

Lancer Artoria is pretty good, though.  Her skills compliment her NP, and her NP is a party-busting nuke with Invulnerability Pierce, so I wouldn't write her off.  She's a waaaaay better version of Saber Arturia, and is designed for blasting mobs and some boss encounters.  Same can be said of Karna to a lesser extent.  And I really like both anyway.  Razz

...although looking over Enkidu's kit, he's designed as a kind of solo Boss nuker, with a focus on building up crit stars.  His NP charge rate leaves a lot to be desired, though, as does his base attack.  Could do worse than him, so it won't be a total loss if I got him.
DrgnmastrAlex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ on Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:21 pm

So a lot of stuff got confirmed this morning. First off the New Year's gacha. Genderswapped Musashi Miyamoto was added to the gacha, with returns from a lot of servants including Iskander, Scathach, Illya, Gil, etc. Next is that the new story arc to Grand Order was anounced coming sometime mid 2017, Epic of Remnant and a few new servants were shown.

The girl in the middle is Musashi, while the others are kind of mysteries for the moment.

Then on the anime side of things the first Grand Order episode was released, which I haven't seen yet. Fate/Apocrypha was confirmed to get an anime, and although I think the story in it is kind of weak there is cool stuff I want to see animated. Then a new trailer for the Extra anime was shown, confirming that the female MC will be in it in some form meaning we are getting both MCs.
ZeroStormZZ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex on Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:37 pm

The Heaven's Feel movie also had a promotional video get released. And I am definitely going to try and roll for Mushashi.

That being said, I've also come across speculation in the short time that I've been up that the guy with guns at the bottom of that screen is Archer Emiya Alter (it does look a lot like him, so I think we've got confirmation of that). But first, we've got titles for the first four chapters of the Next Order (season 2, essentially).

1st Episode: Case of the Shinjuku Ghost
2nd Episode: Lady of Agartha
3rd Episode: Heroic Spirit Swordmaster's 7th Duel
4th Episode: Heretical Salem

First thing that needs to be addressed: Urban Horror being put into this game? Freaking awesome, I like the cut of your jib, Nasu. If Ereshkigal were to be released in the next year, I'd expect Ms. "My Goddess of Death can't possibly be this cute" to show up here as a limited servant or even a story servant. XD

Don't know if Mushashi is going to eventually be released into the story pool, but judging by two of the episodes' names (one being in Japan, and the other seemingly directed towards her), and the fact that she's plastered in the middle for the promotional material for Season 2, I'd say it's a good bet she will. The question is whether she's going to show up in Episode 1 or 3 as a story character (I'm putting money down on episode 3). As for the dark-skinned beauty on the left, it COULD be Semiramis (if TypeMoon decided to rework her design), though it could easily be another figure from Middle Eastern/Egyptian/Indian lore. We'll find out more about her in the next five to six months, I believe.

That leaves the little girl, whom some are saying is Anastasia, the daughter of the last Czar of Russia. There's a connection that someone made on the F/GO subreddit saying that Episode 2's title refers to her, citing how German occultists and Helena Blavatsky were searching for a subterranean city called Agartha, and Anastasia has her own connections with the occult due to rumors and legend surround her family and Rasputin. So I think it's possible the little girl could be Anastasia, though it's circumstantial evidence at this point. Rumors abounded that she could read minds and control ice, though, so it's likely she'll be a Caster (then again, Assassin could be a possibility, too).

I'm also excited about Episode 4, as it's another episode that takes place in the U.S., specifically an area that has soooooo much attached to the occult and black magic and a lot of death. Chances are that we're going to get a famous witch hunter involved at the very least, but there was also a preacher named Cotton Mather who led the executions in Salem, but wasn't a witch hunter (that won't stop TypeMoon from embellishing things, though). Then again, there's been a number of famous witch hunters going back to the Spanish Inquisition, so we could get anybody of note in that field. We'll probably see Emiya Alter here, although it's entirely possible that he'll be put in Episode 1.
DrgnmastrAlex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday on Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:36 am

OOoh, Musashi, she looks amazing, I wonder if Assassin will play a role in her story, being her "most worthy rival" http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin_(Fate/stay_night)

I am curious though why this was labeled as 1.5 and not season 2... Do you think this might be a slight intermission before the real season 2?

As for the Archer, I was doubtful at first, but then I noticed the blades on his guns... The only other possible person it could be might be the assassin in the tale of their creation https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gan_Jiang_and_Mo_Ye ... or some mystery wielder prior to Shirou... though... those lips... hmm...

Thank you for the other theories though, quite interesting.

I wonder... Do you think the reason they won't bring this over is because of culture sensitivity from a western market?

http://raindayofmay.tumblr.com/ , http://www.hentai-foundry.com/user/Rainday/profile
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/charmed_by_hypnosis_haven/info
Rainday

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ on Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:54 am

Apparently this Miyamoto is from another world, she mentions that her Ushi is a boy and that there is a male Miyamoto. Although, that makes me wonder if we might get a version of Kojiro from her world who perhaps might be a girl as well. As for the supposed Emiya Alter, some of the keywords mentioned about the Shinjuku Ghost chapter were demonic bullet and seigi no mikata/hero of justice, which would fit well with this design. And those blades on his guns are definitely Emiya's. It's a totally bizarre choice, but it wouldn't be the first time in the series where corruption resulted in darker skin (Ushi in Babylon comes to mind), and with Emiya already a dark skinned Shirou I guess it makes a little sense. Not sure how I feel about it though.

Also, I'm positive that each of the servants on there corresponds to an episode. Emiya Alter for Shinjuku, Miyamoto for the Swordsman, and the loli who I think might be Abigail Williams for Salem. She's someone referred to in the Grand Order Materials books along with some other unknown people like Murasame and Rasputin. That would leave the other girl for Agartha. No clue on who she might be though.

As for the culture sensitivity stuff, I've heard the main reasons that a lot of Fate game stuff doesn't get brought over is because the rights are extremely expensive and that Nasu's writing is extremely hard to translate well.
ZeroStormZZ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex on Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:04 am

Rainday wrote:OOoh, Musashi, she looks amazing, I wonder if Assassin will play a role in her story, being her "most worthy rival" http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin_(Fate/stay_night)

I am curious though why this was labeled as 1.5 and not season 2...  Do you think this might be a slight intermission before the real season 2?

As for the Archer, I was doubtful at first, but then I noticed the blades on his guns...  The only other possible person it could be might be the assassin in the tale of their creation https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gan_Jiang_and_Mo_Ye  ... or some mystery wielder prior to Shirou... though...  those lips... hmm...

Thank you for the other theories though, quite interesting.

I wonder... Do you think the reason they won't bring this over is because of culture sensitivity from a western market?

That's striking me as odd as well, though I think it might be something else that we're missing that's resulting in the 1.5 label.  There's a total of seven Beasts, and we've fought two thus far in the story (the potential third one was a character pretty close to the Protag and Mashu, but that potential was used up at the end of season 1.  Still, that doesn't mean that the role won't be filled by another).  So there's still five(?) left to go; that's likely to be the goal of the entire story.  It is entirely possible that these episodes are intermission acts or acts that are meant to bridge the gap between Season 1 and Season 2.

The guns do have the Kanshou and Byakuya designs on them, so it's very likely that this is an Emiya Alter.  An idea was passed that this could also be someone taking up the Emiya name as a servant and Hero of Justice, much like Shirou did with Kiritsugu.  But I think that's a stretch, and I'm going with Occam's Razor on this one.

As for why DelightWorks and TypeMoon wouldn't bring F/GO over to the states, there's a simple reason I can think of: there's less demand over in the West than there is in Japan and China.  The Fate series has a bigger presence over in the East, and anime is still pretty niche in the West, with a few shonen series and the occasional shojo getting enough attention to make a mark in U.S. pop culture.  Fate is considered a more hardcore anime fan series in the West, compared to the likes of DBZ, Sailor Moon, Naruto, and Pokemon.  

Sony own the copyright on the Fate series, and I believe TypeMoon is now a developer and subsidiary company for Sony.  And Sony's first attempt to bring the Fate series over to the U.S. outside of the anime series and movies, Fate/Extra, ended up being a flop (part of the blame lies with Sony U.S. itself and how it just doesn't give a shit about the PSP/Vita to market it effectively, and the other problem was that Fate/Extra released after the housing bubble of 2008, when people had little money to spend and were too busy paying bills and trying to maintain a standard of living.  Video games weren't really important, and the industry took a hit in development and sales for a good two years because of that.).  Sony has also been hemorrhaging money out of everywhere except for its Playstation division, so even though the prospect of anime-based games being mildly profitable is there, Sony is going to be hesitant to extend itself beyond what it's comfortable with.  This includes localizing anime properties past a certain point, as that would be something that Sony's animation and studio divisions would field.

That's the reason why the Fate/Grand Order OVA, the Fate/Extra anime series, the Heaven's Feel movie, and Fate/Extella being released in the west are such big deals.  Sony clearly thinks that there currently MIGHT be enough of a market to push the Fate brand into western markets, and are willing to have the F/GO OVA be played on Crunchyroll to meet that possibility.  If there is a large enough demand for the mobile game from the west, then Sony MIGHT get DelightWorks to work with another western mobile developer to localize it.  But that would cost a lot of money, even if they just translated all the text.  There's also the issue of the fact that the potential western player base is already playing through region-unlocked APKs of the Japanese version of the game.  I'm certain that many would definitely play a localized version of the game on a new account, but some would also keep their old account or even pass up in favor of the Japanese account they've already put over a year into.  I'm one of those people who is agonizing over what I'd do with the possibility of F/GO being made available in the west; I've already spent a lot of money on this game, and invested over a year into playing it.  I don't think I could run both the Japanese and U.S. versions on the same smartphone, and even if I could, I'm not sure that I'd want to juggle two separate accounts.  And this doesn't even include censoring some of the sprites/character art, or translating certain references to be more palatable or understandable to a larger audience.

I will say this, though: if Fate/Extella sells well enough, Sony will be more likely to release other Fate-related games in the future, including F/GO.  If there's enough of a reaction and demand for it in Japan and the West due to Fate/Extra: Last Order, there may even be a remaster of Fate/Extra and CCC, which could potentially mean a release of said remaster in the west, depending on Extella's success.

To get to the tl;dr of it: I don't think cultural sensitivity or Nasu's writing is the issue, due to the series appealing to a niche audience.  I think the perceived lack of profit and consumer interest is the issue, which is why every Fate fan in the west should do what they can to support the series when it is released in and made available to the west.  If Fate and TypeMoon fans can get enough interest and demand generated, and show Sony that there is a feasible market, the chances of F/GO and even Fate/Extra CCC getting justice done in the west is a possibility.  Otherwise, it'll be a case of what happened with Capcom and MegaMan Legends 3, except Sony will actually be justified in its decision.
DrgnmastrAlex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday on Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:14 am

Very well put and well thought out dood. I suppose Fate does have a higher bit of entry compared to most series, with the starting point of the actual game not being available outside of the country, along with a bunch of good side material. I mean, the animes do a good job in spite of that, but having the true origin would be something else. Still, part of the charm does come from researching it, for me at least.

http://raindayofmay.tumblr.com/ , http://www.hentai-foundry.com/user/Rainday/profile
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/charmed_by_hypnosis_haven/info
Rainday

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex on Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:54 am

Rainday wrote:Very well put and well thought out dood.  I suppose Fate does have a higher bit of entry compared to most series, with the starting point of the actual game not being available outside of the country, along with a bunch of good side material.  I mean, the animes do a good job in spite of that, but having the true origin would be something else. Still, part of the charm does come from researching it, for me at least.

That didn't cross my mind when I was giving my response, but you've made a solid point: Fate/Stay Night started as a visual novel on the PC back in the early 2000s. While visual novels have been getting more notice in the past 10 years, and many visual novels released in Japan (like Stein's;Gate and Nekopara) have been localized and sold on Steam, there would still be a high bar of entry for F/SN. The vanilla visual novel had sexual content, and the only version that I can think of that covers the core story that was edited for wider audiences was a version released for PS2 (and I can't remember if it was that well received or not, so I'm not going to remark on its impact). This raises the question that if F/SN was to be released, would we get the PC visual novel, or the PS2 edit, on Steam? Steam does allow for unrated games to be advertised and purchased openly on its services, which is one of the good things about Steam. But the versions of VNs that are typically available through Steam are the censored versions that can be patched in through a third-party source or for a patch that costs extra, depending on the game. So Sony and TypeMoon would have to deal with that issue if they were to release the original VN, or even a remaster (as the visuals of the original are somewhat dated). That's not including the pirated versions of the VN that are still floating around the net.

As you mentioned, the anime series do a good job of covering what the VN was all about, and Fate/Zero and UBW have the most exposure of them, so the series itself is regarded well in anime communities outside of Japan. This puts Sony in a better position in regards to appealing to these groups with the Fate license, and marketing games around that. To reiterate what I stated in my previous post, it's likely that Sony sees this as a period of opportunity to market the series to anime communities and gamers overseas, and that taking advantage of this opportunity could be profitable. We need to respond in kind that it is, and get as many people who share in our enjoyment of gaming and anime to get on board as well. I think that Extella might be the first substantial notch that will persuade Sony to expand, if Extella is profitable. And judging by its coverage on SiliconEra, Kotaku, and the responses for it and other games that Marvelous! is publishing and localizing (including Akiba'sBeat), I think this may be a success. It's just a matter of how much it will, and I honestly think it will be slight to mild success. Not enough for Sony to aggressively pursue it, but enough for them to take note and tread cautiously as they throw more lures out for the community to grab. That's just my perspective and evaluation based on perception, though. I could be wrong, and it could go wildly in either direction.
DrgnmastrAlex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex on Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:21 pm

I promised I'd give the lowdown on what happens in the Solomon Chapter, and it's been a week, so here we go.  I'll be summarizing what I know from playing and from reading translated synopses off of the F/GO reddit.  I'll be putting the summary under a spoiler tag so as to give those who haven't beaten Solomon the chance to not get the story ruined for them.

Spoiler:
The MC and Mashu arrive at Solomon's singularity, ready to confront him, but first they have to fight all the Demon Pillars that guard the way to Solomon's temple.  After clearing them all out with the aid of every Servant who has assisted them in the previous singularities (including the event limited servants for the last Pillar, making the likes of Void Shiki and Prisma Illya canon in F/GO!), they finally reach enter Solomon's Temple, engaging in a fight with him.  After seemingly defeating him, Solomon reveals a secret: he's only half of who he was, and I'm guessing that to fill that other half, he had incorporated another servant into his being to serve as Grand Caster.  This servant manifests as Goetia, one of the seven Beasts (Tiamat was one as well).  The party proceeds to fight Goetia while Solomon sits on the side, and after a few rounds, Goetia unleashes his NP, which is stupidly powerful.

It's at this point that Mashu uses her own unlocked NP, Lord Chaldeas, to shield everyone from being destroyed.  Sadly, she passes from the effort, and we're down our Kouhai.  Solomon then has an exchange with Goetia where the Grand Caster manages to do an absurd amount of damage before having to back down.  Cue the second battle with Goetia (where he's got 1.5 million HP and can do a super-buffed version of his NP on the first turn with Invulnerability Pierce, essentially decimating your front line unless you have some of the best servants in the game with strategies, or max level/skill Bronze and silver servants with said strategies and an absurd amount of luck.  Otherwise, you're going to use Command Spells/Quartz to do a party rez); once that's done, it's revealed that Dr. Roman, who has been in command of Chaldea since Olga was merged into the Chaldea Gate, is actually the manifestation of Solomon's humanity and desire to be human, essentially making him a mortal version of Solomon.  Solomon and Goetia merge again, leading to the final fight with them.  Once defeated, they disappear, and Dr. Roman thanks us for being friends and showing him the good that humanity can offer before disappearing as well.  The rings that Solomon was wearing are left behind, a telling sign that we're likely to either see Solomon again, or we have to obtain those rings for some reason.

Now its up to the party to get out of Solomon's Temple before the singularity collapses, and the protagonist nearly fails...until Mashu grabs him and helps him escape.  Here, depending on whether you've gotten her Bond level to 5 or not, is where Mashu manages to join you on the other side in Chaldea and stays around, or disappears (likely to return again in the next part of the story).  But she died!  Well, Fou, the little squirrel beast thing that hangs around with us, was actually Primate Murder, one of the seven Beasts.  However, being raised by Merlin in Avalon, it never developed according to Gaia's plan and so didn't have its mission to kill all of humanity.  Fou used up all its power as the potential Primate Murder to revive Mashu, rendering it a simple animal afterwards.  Whether this means that the party has defeated three Beasts, or the Fourth Beast that represents Primate Murder will manifest in a different form, is up in the air at this time.

With all that done, humanity's future is once again secure, the singularities stabilized, and the Grand Order suspended.  Depending on your bond level with Mashu, she's also there to join in as you watch the sky clear in the Arctic and see a blue sky.  After this, Da Vinci informs you that due to what has transpired, the Mages' Association and other groups who invested resources into Chaldea will want answers, and will likely lock the place down and place it under their jurisdiction.  She says that if in doing so they endanger the lives of any servants or humans in Chaldea, she'll defend Chaldea against them with her full power.  The protagonist is also contacted by the Mages' Association to congratulate them and confer upon them the lowest rank of the Mages' Association.  They can't provide a greater rank because the protagonist isn't technically a Magus.

If you didn't get Mashu to bond level 5, she'll be available again to put in your party, but her in-menu sprite won't appear for the weekly Quartz Fragment missions, signifying that she's not really with you at that time.  If you did max her, her in-menu sprite is still there.  So MAX BOND YOUR KOUHAI.

So yeah, we win, but we get shit rewards for saving humanity.  And now we're going to go into intermission/transitory plot that connects to Season 2.  The first episode of that should be available either late March or early April, by my estimate.  We'll have more info on what's coming outside of the Valentine's event as January progresses.  For now, it's downtime from events and chapters, with the New Year's celebratory stuff getting extended a few extra days due to an issue where players paid for quartz but didn't receive any quartz upon payment.  The issue is resolved now, with everyone affected getting the quartz they paid for, and all players also getting an extra 10 quartz as apology.

In other news, I did the Lancer segment of the paid quartz guaranteed gacha, and I got Arturia.  I'm pretty happy about it, and she's hit level 70 as of two days ago.  Right now I'm just saving up quartz and tickets for when Musashi is available in the event gacha again, as I haven't gotten her.  Here's the current time table for that.

Today (1/08, until 23:59pm JST): Scathach
1/09, until 23:59pm JST: Ishtar
1/10, until 23:59pm JST: Musashi pt 2
1/11, until 23:59: All limited servants offered (Musashi, Gil, Void Shiki, Iskandar, Illya, Kintoki Berserker, Scath, and Ishtar)
1/12, until 23:59: Musashi pt 3
1/13, until 23:59: Gil pt 2
1/14, until 23:59: Void Shiki pt 2
1/15, until 23:59: Iskandar pt 2

The F/GO reddit currently has Musashi, Shiki, and Iskandar listed on the 12th, but I think that's a mistake, as Shiki and Iskandar are listed after Gil pt 2, which is on the 13th.  So I'm going to assume that DelightWorks is going to extend it to the 15th JST.  Also, if you missed the chance to get Illya and Kintoki at this time and you really wanted them (or their bond CEs), you're left with the all limited rate up pool in a few days, which means that you're as likely to roll the other offered limiteds as you are those two.  Sorry.

That's all for now.
DrgnmastrAlex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex on Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:14 pm

http://kissanime.ru/Anime/Fate-Apocrypha/Preview?id=133418

Promotional trailer came out, so expect the movie to be released in the coming months.
DrgnmastrAlex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top