Possession

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Possession

Post  DoubleEdged on Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:22 pm

Fairly obvious what it is, but I'd like to start a minor discussion about way in which it's applicable to the board's theme.

Obviously, having your mind pushed out in favor of whatever else is inhabiting your body isn't much of a charm factor. What can be applied like that though? Are there cases of possessed inhabitance where the host still keeps their own mind and body, but are subjected to various ailments to their state of mind by their possessor? In other words, a factor of extreme influence? A voice, whispering in your head, telling you to do things you shouldn't do, but you can barely stop yourself, the influence is so strong.

An example I made in my head- In FFV, Melusine did a dominant possession of Lenna if I recall, then left her body when her ploy failed. This is more of a what if statement: what if she became the voice in her head? I saw that edited Melusine boss sprite image on RB9's Yahoo group get put back up-

and all I can think about is how that would play out. Did Lenna succumb to the voice in her head, and when she couldn't just kill them in a surprise attack, the serpents of Melusine appear on her, cue boss fight. And where would it go from there? After being possessed for long enough and mentally broken down, would she become Exdeath's faithful slave whether Melusine is within her or not?

Thoughts and ideas?

Last edited by DoubleEdged on Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total
DoubleEdged

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possession

Post  creativerealms on Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:30 am

My first story for the group actually had possession used as a form of corruption. In my Danny Phantom Story in VIP 1 where the possessed girl is witnessing all the horrible things the ghost is going in her body but is not repulsed by it but actually is entranced and corrupted by it and willingly merges with the ghost at the end. Ok maybe that is not true corruption as that was two minds merging rather then one mind being corrupted, but still technicalities.
creativerealms

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday on Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:50 am

DoubleEdged wrote:Fairly obvious what it is, but I'd like to start a minor discussion about way in which it's applicable to the board's theme.

Obviously, having your mind pushed out in favor of whatever else is inhabiting your body isn't much of a charm factor. What can be applied like that though? Are there cases of possessed inhabitance where the host still keeps their own mind and body, but are subjected to various ailments to their state of mind by their possessor? In other words, a factor of extreme influence? A voice, whispering in your head, telling you to do things you shouldn't do, but you can barely stop yourself, the influence is so strong.

An example I made in my head- In FFV, Melusine did a dominant possession of Lenna if I recall, then left her body when her ploy failed. This is more of a what if statement: what if she became the voice in her head? I saw that edited Melusine boss sprite image on RB9's Yahoo group get put back up-

and all I can think about is how that would play out. Did Lenna succumb to the voice in her head, and when she couldn't just kill them in a surprise attack, the serpents of Melusine appear on her, cue boss fight. And where would it go from there? After being possessed for long enough and mentally broken down, would she become Exdeath's faithful slave whether Melusine is within her or not?

Thoughts and ideas?

Yeah, I'm not such a fan of another being inhabiting the body of a heroine and effectively forcing them into a eternal slumber or a grimmer fate. I mean it can be done very well in some cases(Mistress 9, but I just found her sexy all around). More of the charm variety involve certain items that change the person on equipping or do so slowly. It's technically a possession, but for the most part it's the item exploiting a trait the heroine has and manipulating it. However, on occasion it sometimes makes them question who they are and their convictions(in a "why am I helping these people" sort of way, making them vain), and possibly shifting them to the possessor's. A more simple way to put it would be making them ask "why" in their head a lot, or make them stop bothering asking why and just do, indulge in lust and sin. This leads to them becoming a evil version of themselves or seeing things from the previous owners perspective.

Here's a example, if Aeris equipped Pollensalta's leotard she would become more obsessed with showing off he body and being sexy, flirtatious, manipulating people. It might never cross her mind that she has become a Pollensalta as it seems so natural to her now, or she might see things from Pollensalta's point of view and become one of them willingly, knowing how good it makes her feel. In the end, she is still Aeris, not Pollensalta, but she has adopted all of her traits, enjoying them so.

Slow changes make it more natural for the heroine and turn others against her(in her mind), but quick changes are more like a dark awakening. These I do not see as a replacement of her mind, but again, a altercation.

As for instances, I can think of a few. That dark executive cosplay from the EC thread would be a good example, the girl is still a little silly, but she's also gained some new evil traits. That Sailor Moon Widow picstory would be another, Rei did have a bit of a superiority streak early in the series(also, the teacher and the cloth would be similar example, kind teacher, still the same person but radically changed, obsessed with her beauty). I'm trying to think of slower ones that don't totally change the person...

Though that may be not what your looking for.... something more overpowering? Well, a good example would be Cloud in FF7, being possessed by Sepiroth's will to give the Black Materia to him and attempts to kill Aeris. Though really, this possession is more "marionette-ing", (also, it's m/m, not a real good example). Love Hina might be another example... Crystal jewels control Naru and one of Mokoto's fan girls. It wasn't so much a voice as it was ramping up their feelings, and then controlling them, but after release they conveniently couldn't remember a thing(I think).

Would it be more proper to say the victim would have a mistress in their mind? One who guided them, cooed them, and took control from time to time?

Anyway, onto the Melusine idea. I like the direction you take it, as for if she would serve ExDeath(... I really don't like venturing into maledom territory, even though ExDeath is more a "it", I'd rather her just serve Melusine in someway, perhaps surrounding the other two girls in her serpents and having them hear Melusine's unrelenting whispers as they were squeezed erotically and teased by Lenna, perhaps going so far as to create a cult for her with these methods, Lenna acting as either a avatar or a priestess)... It would depend if she embraced it after being broken, which could always be the case.

Also, link didn't work, but you can upload stuff here either using "Host a image" icon or the built in gallery.
Rainday

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged on Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:23 am

The Exdeath thing was just a state of mind thing, not a maledom proposal, heck, not even planning anything on this yet, just making discussion. As far as your Mistress thing goes, are you asking if it's one they actually acknowledge? I'd probably say no during the actual possession, but if she drops her possession and takes her own form again, sounds good to me! But during possession, it would probably be best to have that internal "self" conflict and then fall to the dark voice's advice, which would prime them for service to the real thing later if you ask me.

Remember: this is discussion. I'm not planning anything right now, but who knows, discussions like these may lead to things in the future.
DoubleEdged

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday on Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:37 am

DoubleEdged wrote:The Exdeath thing was just a state of mind thing, not a maledom proposal, heck, not even planning anything on this yet, just making discussion. As far as your Mistress thing goes, are you asking if it's one they actually acknowledge? I'd probably say no during the actual possession, but if she drops her possession and takes her own form again, sounds good to me! But during possession, it would probably be best to have that internal "self" conflict and then fall to the dark voice's advice, which would prime them for service to the real thing later if you ask me.

Remember: this is discussion. I'm not planning anything right now, but who knows, discussions like these may lead to things in the future.

Oh I see now. So it's purely a voice or instinct that they are confused about, but they think it's still there's. Damn, I know of stories like this... Hmm, I can think of something similar with Sailor Moon, episode 80. There is a Droid by the name of Giwaku http://wikimoon.org/index.php?title=Giwaku who basically caused her victims to see false visions of her friends talking total trash about them (victims were Ami and Usagi). At the time they didn't know it was the Droid who was doing it.

But yeah, most of the ones that I can think of involve items, and for the most part don't involve much of a internal struggle because it's usually a side character/heroine and it's rare as hell for them to get inner monolog... and in any other case other than cursed item it's just hypnosis or programming. Let's see what I can pick from MC Collection.
Love Hina
http://www11.tok2.com/home/msnobu/Title2html/page103.htm
Aladdin TV series
http://www11.tok2.com/home/msnobu/Title2html/page168.htm
There is this one scene in Rio Rainbow Gate, but it's more of the possessed woman waking up not having any idea what's going on... and the villainess gets ugly faced and has a weird chickenwing obsession.
http://www11.tok2.com/home/msnobu/Title9html/page860.htm

I mean, it's really hard to come across any examples of what you're exactly look for. I mean since most stuff is tv it's either complete control from the start or slow changes that they don't fight. I mean, I know there are some out there, but I can't think of them unfortunately. But yeah, I was just saying what was on my mind, not planning out any specific scenario, just a glimpse into my inner workings.

Basically what your looking for "... This feels good... but is it right? Of course it is, I deserve this... I... do I really? But what if the others don't matter, all that matters is feeling pleasure ... ahhhhh... yeah... this does feel... good... so good.... just want to let my mind empty of doubt ... mmmm... that does sound good... but... are these-of course these are my thoughts, I'm not insane after all... I've just been denied pleasure for so long... need to let my mind empty... yes... mmmm...." I know I talked this in a story, maybe a caption...
Rainday

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged on Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:07 am

Well crap, I say I'm not planning anything, but then the more I talk about it, the more I get ideas about it.

Here's a example, if Aeris equipped Pollensalta's leotard she would become more obsessed with showing off he body and being sexy, flirtatious, manipulating people. It might never cross her mind that she has become a Pollensalta as it seems so natural to her now, or she might see things from Pollensalta's point of view and become one of them willingly, knowing how good it makes her feel. In the end, she is still Aeris, not Pollensalta, but she has adopted all of her traits, enjoying them so.

I know this was an older example, and it sounds really sexy at that. The question to this example is "how are these traits presented to her?" (Wow, I think I'm starting to not make sense to myself when I bring arguments forward Shocked) I think we've pretty much come to terms on "guidance" as to what would be a "charming possession." Is something in what she thinks is her mind urging her into acting that sort of way, and is she actually accepting that urge? If she accepts, the charm is complete, else it's a failure and she resists the possession. Of course, it would probably help if the curse/spirit whisper only starts with minor suggestion, because I'm sure instant-betrayal would be farfetched for most heroines... but who knows.

There is a Droid by the name of Giwaku http://wikimoon.org/index.php?title=Giwaku who basically caused her victims to see false visions of her friends talking total trash about them (victims were Ami and Usagi). At the time they didn't know it was the Droid who was doing it.

Yeah, that's the type of suggestion. Of course, if only she'd then show them visions of them accomplishing their life goals with the help of *bad guy faction, not sure which in this case* and lead them into allying with the bad guys. And who knows, maybe if the bad guys were smart, they'd "promise not to continue their bad actions" for a while, until Giwaku can put more suggestion into their heads until they eventually would agree to serve them in that evil intent. It's always a gradual process, and unlike NCIS:Los Angeles would have you believe, you can't rush that sort of operation, it takes time to build it up.

And your quotation sounds good, Rainday. The italics being the dark passenger (oh god, am I referencing Dexter now?) trying to reinforce certain thoughts. I think I might actually write up a small thought process of this idea that's been building up since I've started this topic. It involves a very fancy dress that I've loved looking at for years, with a very dark soul inhabiting it.

"What in the world? This dress... I... I put it on... and must have lost focus at the time... yeah... But this isn't the time for something like this, I need to- But it feels so comfortable... Yeah... it really does... I can probably leave this on for a while. And I feel... like this dress is strengthening me... I feel powerful... This could be just what I need.

She would mock my ability to control my power? Simply because of this dress? Of all people, who is she to say something like that? She needs to learn a lesson from that insolence of hers... Ugh... if only this were another time and place I would *blank*... But why not do that now? What can she do? She... she needs to learn... her place... So bring her down to her knees! Show her your power! Yes... I will make her... yours... mine..."
DoubleEdged

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:08 am

Well, it's not really a older example, but I will say it's a more traditional one. I'm having trouble remembering if we ever did a story based on putting on their leotard/swimsuit or if was all speculation... With Barb-E yes, with one of those girls... none that I can think of.

As for presentation, it would probably start as impulses at first. The urge to try it on, then to look in the mirror and let her mind drift with your eyes, then the slight whisper starts, she questions it at first, and can either choose 1) This is silly and take it off, or 2) Goes back to admiring herself in the mirror, getting sensual impulses, maybe tingles that make her not want to stop as the whispers drip and drop their way into her drifting mind. Of course option 1 is looped, she'll have the urge to try it on again of course, even if she didn't trust the voice, to prove it was just her being too paranoid. She'll try it on again and just be given the sensual impulses, loving how she looks in it. It may take a little longer, but being naughty is always fun. The changes may come faster with option 2 as she has a voice to guide her, to praise her, to help the arousal, and she'll probably enjoy it thinking for her, still thinking it's her own thoughts being naughty. Option 1 would be a lot more gradual but eventually lead to addiction that she, by that point, would feel too weak to resist from all the impulse training to her body and mind, and of course she would be too embarrassed to tell anyone. Back to option 2, her own inner voice may take charge more to fit the other one inside her, and take the lead in being naughty and seductive eventually. She'll feel empowered and embrace her new lifestyle, and then maybe that little voice and impulse will lead her to her sisters, and she'll realize, and accept her new role gladly. While as option 1 she becomes a slave to the desires, to the suit, it's impulses, and the voice, and will stop trying to resist as it leads her to a new fate. She'll eventually accept the new changes, and love being enslaved like this, maybe the suit will let her go by that point so she can be her own Pollensalta, or maybe it will assert total control in less a possession way but more of a split personality way... Given my Aeris/Pollensalta swimsuit/leotard example at least...(I want this in a game now...). But yeah, most of it would be through impulses, whispers, maybe dreams, and "self" praising. As for instantly, sometimes it happens, they just need to be close to a breaking point(jealously most usually), or they need to be idiots.

Next up Giwaku, and it would be the Black Moon Clan(honestly, it gets confusing to me at times as well, especially the dub differences). So what it sounds like your describing is a sinister befriending and possibly mentoring that would take place over a long period, no doubt the payoff would be worth it, but most villains aren't the patient type... The only ones I can think of at the moment are your mentor in KOTOR2 and... oh I'm totally blanking right now... but I know of characters like that, though they usually don't use brainwashing impulses to do it, more being the devils advocate. OH! Kaede from Kamper! She acted goody two shoes but was secretly a evil lesbian bent on making TGing protagonist of the show Natsuru want to stay a girl and be her slave. She did this in two ways. She would show disdain for the male Natsuru but gushed over the female one and played dumb that she didn't know they where the same person. This was aided by Natsuru having a huge crush on her. Eventually she hypnotizes Natsuru in his male form to try to break the bond with his friends(this fails thanks to the sexy Shizuku), but she then again hypnotizes Natsuru in female from and this time it clicks... at least until she orders her to destroy her former comrades. The show itself isn't that great, but Kaede as a villainess and sexy Shizuku make it worth it for me.

Also, I love what you have written there, and I love how the voice gets more confident as it goes on, eventually dropping the whole "I'm your voice" in the end with the your. Very sexy dood =)
Rainday

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top