Personality corruption vs. Personality replacement

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Personality corruption vs. Personality replacement

Post  DoubleEdged on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:56 am

In all the time I've done various works to our preferred themes, I'm starting to wonder if I've ever done a true corruption. And this makes me wonder, just how different can these concepts be?

When I say true corruption: Think about Gotham DA Harvey Dent in the movie The Dark Knight. The events of the movie drove him into his state of mind, but he alone made the choice to finish his role in the movie the way he did.

And to be blunt, I'm pretty sure all of my charm "corruption" in everything I've done has pretty much been the other thing, personality replacement. This is how I'd pretty much describe most "corruption" hentai as well. Even if they do keep memories and the like, their old personality is forced out by the villain and a new one installed.

The thing is, I have ideas going around in my head right now, ideas that finally might put true corruption to work, but I think I want to understand the idea a bit more, and figure out what I should and shouldn't do to convey it. For this, I might want your help, in discussing what it means to have a corrupted personality or a replaced personality. Then, if I can get to a comfortable point of thought, I might put this story together, in the form of a text fiction, or a 3DCustomGirl set.

Since I know someone's going to ask, you get this one hint: Forum Avatar.
DoubleEdged

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personality corruption vs. Personality replacement

Post  Kamenrider on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:59 pm

well obviously true corruption would be done by taking the ideals of the heroine and twisting them around by saying "your just as evil as me you can't do good for all people your doing bad things to me right now, why not be good to me and help me because thats what you should do as a heroine helping people isn't that right my dear?" or something along the lines of this

this is after the heroine isn't consciously paying attention to the words but is more focused on stopping the villain and thus has her defences set on a different level to be able to react fast to any physical blow. this may just as well be brought on by something in the air or some other method like a dance or something
Kamenrider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday on Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:49 pm

Yes, when I was trying to describe my work with Pink Boots, I wasn't really sure myself if it was more corruption or replacement/remodeling. In the end she did accept it, but it was forced upon her so she didn't have much of a choice... However, a forced corruption is still corruption(look at the Dark Planet works or Hiro's stuff). BUT! To me, true corruption is willingly giving into it, it not being forced upon you so much, you have the power to fight it, but you don't really want to, you want to do the bad thing, you want to get that thrill of power, you want to be in that new sexy outfit, you want to be loved by the evil sexy woman. In most cases of this type of corruption the character is already on that path on their own, and tempted into the rest by evil, OR the character is abducted by the evil and shown it's wonders in a gentle, alluring manner. They still may doubt themselves, but a word from their new evil friend might sway them back, or they may be like THIS IS WHAT I FINALLY WANTED! It really depends, but the "weakness" must be there usually, otherwise it is the forced type of corruption spoken of earlier. Now, the way that this is achieved usually is by the evil doer having something the character wants, or creating that want within them(harder, but still possible for the weak minded character).

Those are my thoughts about corruption at the very least, even remodeling is still corrupting, but what your searching for sounds like a more conscious decision, and for that, you need to find the flaw in said character. Another somewhat different example of this is in La Pucelle, where you(as Priere) keep going into the demon world and beating the shit out of super high level demons, you'll become ordained as a Demon Overlord and viewed as corrupt by both the demons and your party members, even though you yourself don't believe so... Speaking of which, I should probably set up a page for that...
Rainday

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:55 pm

Alright, that's definitely getting to the good points I need. Finding the character flaw and exploiting it to get them to want it.

Now here's the next thing I want to mention about my plan- Little-to-no interaction with the villainess/mastermind. It's really just "planting the seeds" and letting the rest occur naturally.

Actually, I guess I may as well go over an outline of the process I'm intending to make-

- Tifa Lockhart comes across a strange Ice-element Materia (Still haven't decided whether it be random, or mysterious person gives it to her)
- She finds her combat ability improving drastically, and implements more Ice techniques
- She takes more notice of her figure, and while taking a break elsewhere (Costa del Sol?), dresses up a little more scantily
- Strange feelings occur inside her, almost like addiction-dependency, and she suddenly throws herself at Cloud, seducing him and dot-dot-dot...
- She begins to exert attributes of Mako-infusion (like Cloud), finds herself seeing various visions, and disappears, one major thing she utters being "it's not enough..."

That's pretty much the story before the climax of what I've got going on, and I have my idea of how that'll go, but this one, I need to figure out the state of mind of a quite strong character, and ways in which to increase a desire for power and beauty without completely destroying the kind of character she's known for being.
DoubleEdged

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grungepunk on Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:45 pm

This sounds like it's going to be epic. Can't wait. ^_^
Grungepunk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday on Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:13 am

Interesting, quite interesting, as for how she comes across it, put it in a chest, all heroes have the weakness of loot lol. She's always been proud of her fighting skills, and her victory pose could be taken as a sign that she's proud of her breast too. She's very outgoing, so she would probably be open to experimentation... it all depends on your interpretation I guess. You can search for stuff here http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Tifa_Lockhart
Rainday

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamenrider on Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:39 pm

a way for her to rationalize wanting more could be from her point of view that she requires more to be able to attain some big goal that she wants to be master of all ice and all ways to use it. that would also explain why she would vanish suddenly
Kamenrider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged on Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:14 pm

Thanks for the input, guys. I think I'm getting close to figuring out progression for my story.

Warning: the climax of the story, which I haven't detailed for you, will probably be more serious and emotional than fetishy. Also, F/M romance, though it'll definitely get F-dominant.
DoubleEdged

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grungepunk on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:42 pm

That idea for a climax sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun. Sure the fetishy route is always fun to go down, but having a little bit of change really spices things up.
Grungepunk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rb9 on Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:25 am

I'm really digging the idea behind this. Very psychological and plot-based. Looking forward to it!!

rb9

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top